The Student Room Group

where to study islamic studies (undergrad) outside UK & US (middle east?) ofc

So, im definitely opting for islamic studies degree after A levels, so my questions are;

1) What are the list of uni's which are easier to get into without needing to know arabic

2) preferably, are there any uni's offering arabic and islamic studies degree in the middle east , the islamic madinah uni IS SOO HARD TO GET IN so lets not go there

3) Its really hard for a female to study the islamic studies in saudi :frown: so i dont think its possible to study in saudi :frown: are there any other middle eastern uni offering islamic studies and arabic degree :frown:(

4) or just any other unis offering the aforementioned course in english OUTSIDE the UK and US

please help :frown:((((((((((
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hafizasamath
So, im definitely opting for islamic studies degree after A levels, so my questions are;

1) What are the list of uni's which are easier to get into without needing to know arabic

2) preferably, are there any uni's offering arabic and islamic studies degree in the middle east , the islamic madinah uni IS SOO HARD TO GET IN so lets not go there

3) Its really hard for a female to study the islamic studies in saudi :frown: so i dont think its possible to study in saudi :frown: are there any other middle eastern uni offering islamic studies and arabic degree :frown:(

4) or just any other unis offering the aforementioned course in english OUTSIDE the UK and US

That degree hardly exists anywhere else (apart from the countries you've mentioned) especially in English.
Original post by kkboyk
That degree hardly exists anywhere else (apart from the countries you've mentioned) especially in English.

pretty sure its scattered everywhere in the UK and US , but thats not the issue , i just wanna study somewhere in the middle east? egypt? idk thanks for replying :smile:)))
Reply 3
I don't mean this in a bad way, but what can you even do with a degree like that, if it isn't paired with something else?
Reply 4

i don't think there are places where you could study offering it in English outside of English speaking countries... I'd recommend learning some Arabic
Original post by spv
I don't mean this in a bad way, but what can you even do with a degree like that, if it isn't paired with something else?

i like teaching :smile: maybe a preacher? i just wanna study the quran and sunnah :smile:
i like teaching :smile: maybe a preacher?

Teacher, or preacher?

The latter induces a net loss to society.
Reply 7
pretty sure its scattered everywhere in the UK and US , but thats not the issue , i just wanna study somewhere in the middle east? egypt? idk thanks for replying :smile:)))

I said except the countries you've mentioned (UK and US)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending