Turn on thread page Beta

Do we need more rigorous PE lessons watch

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion PE nowadays is far too easy and lets a lot of kids get away with doing no work. This is partially why our generation is so obese. In my view there needs to be a more rigorous PE system involving workout programmes as well as making children go on diets for homework. This is the only way to solve this disgusting obesity epidemic.

ReputationRep:
    No no no, responsibility goes to the parents of the kids above all. If the parents aren't setting an example to kids then their kids will never be fit

ReputationRep:
    lol diets for homework. That would not get very far.
    Most obese children have obese parents, the parents are gonna cook whatever they want and after a bit of nagging from their child its game over.

ReputationRep:
    We need ihatePE for his expert view.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    ihatePE what is your take on this?

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    We need ihatePE for his expert view.
    Darn, you beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    Only for people who really want to run that extra mile, swim those extra laps etc..

ihatePE comes to mind

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No way! When was the last time you had pe T^T

ReputationRep:
    No, I hated PE because it was so bad in my school! Being forced to plan netball in shorts when its really cold weather makes you hate it! Especially when the PE teacher is all cosy in long trousers and a coat

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think they need to ramp up the intensity of that bleep test

ReputationRep:
    Bruh.. I didn't even do the read 10 pages for homework given by my English teacher.. Why do you think these kids will go on a diet for homework... LEGIT :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    PE lessons are pointless, it shouldnt be a mandatory class over the age of about 10. I always hated it.

ReputationRep:
    pe was quite intense when i did it tbh
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    PE lessons are pointless, it shouldnt be a mandatory class over the age of about 10. I always hated it.
    What other method would you use for schools encourage inactive kids to meet the physical activity recommendations post-10, then?

(Original post by Student403)
    Tbh I think they need to ramp up the intensity of that bleep test
    Everyone else can do the bleep, but we'll have you do the Wingate test. Lmk when you regret your decision.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if we have PE it should be more rigorous and theoretical based, none of that running around. I mean if you approached it from an applied mathematical viewpoint it would get a lot more people interested. Aside from the obvious mechanical problems, you could bring in elements of game theory and other aspects of discrete mathematics.
    Or just don't have PE and let people do maths instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    It was always the lazy people complaining about PE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    What other method would you use for schools encourage inactive kids to meet the physical activity recommendations post-10, then?
    She'd rather have them sit on their laptop, phone, iPad for hours on end.

ReputationRep:

Everyone else can do the bleep, but we'll have you do the Wingate test. Lmk when you regret your decision.
    Pshhh I'll be far away in a distant land

ReputationRep:
    Let them figure it out for themselves rather than putting them off sport etc. with PE.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you make PE super hard, I doubt 2 lessons per week and the "diet homework" (unlikely to work anyway) would make any difference to the obesity issue. Also wouldn't it backfire in a way that they'd simply hate PE even more? If PE was fun for me then I'd willingly do it in my free time. But it wasn't, at all.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.