The Student Room Group

Why don't guys like wearing pink?

Just curious.

I've always thought it's coz they want to come across as tough/masculine or whatever, but I want to know what guys think.

Thoughts??

Scroll to see replies

I wear light pink shirts all the time, but in general, pinks just don't look masculine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MissNerdy
Just curious.

I've always thought it's coz they want to come across as tough/masculine or whatever, but I want to know what guys think.

Thoughts??

Pink is cool. This isn't true.

I have a very nice pink t-shirt which I like to wear :h: (I mean, it's hardly magenta, more a pale pink, but still)
Reply 3
GAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 4
I hated the colour but somehow I've grown to like it.
Reply 5
I didn't really think this was the case anymore, I've seen plenty of guys clothing with pink now.

I don't like it because pink is a truly disgusting colour alongside the likes of yellow and orange :s-smilie:
Hmm. Well I've never had any problems wearing pink myself and I actually like the colour tbh. It was just yesterday that I wore a pink shirt as part of a smart-casual outfit. I've actually got a few items of pink clothing :biggrin:

With regards to your question, It's possible that they think that wearing pink will lead them to be judged negatively by society (in some way or another) .However, that's not true at all IMO :yep:
cuz its so ghey and they no homo
Pink is a colour which gives an impression of strength/confidence just like the colour red, without it being too aggressive unlike the colour red.
Personally i just don't like the colour on clothing, it looks childish IMO.

When i was younger, i loved wearing pink stuff though, hence i think its silly now.
Apart from clothing I don't really mind pink stuff, I buy pink stationary/writing pads all the time as they tend to be cheaper on ebay than the blue/black counterparts.
Not just guys, some girls dont like wearing pink too, ie myself.

I pretty much only wear it once a year for 'wear it pink for breast cancer' and in school, you find its the girls who complain more about finding something pink than the guys do.

Eating pink cake however, no problemo :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I wear pink for a worthy cause.:cute:

realmen.png
Reply 12
Because I'm a badman, and because it's a bit too bright
Reply 13
Original post by GOKU27
Because I'm a badman, and because it's a bit too bright

I thought you wrote you're batman.
Reply 14
Original post by kka25
I thought you wrote you're batman.

I wish I was batman...:frown:
Because its possibly the most show off colour ever and it completely stands out. I like to wear greys, dark blues etc.
Original post by Ya Dunno
I wear pink for a worthy cause.:cute:

realmen.png

Yayy :smile:
I've actually seen a lot of guys wearing pink, even brighter shades aren't that uncommon & can look good. It's not to everyone's taste but it's just a colour & anyone who judges guys negatively for wearing pink is really being immature.
Original post by Lattoo
GAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong on so many levels
Reply 19
I like pink.
I thought most guys wouldn't mind wearing pink.

I've got pink earphones, a pink smart shirt, a pink casual shirt, a pink wristband and some pink gloves. Looks fabilous.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest