danthe vacuuman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
➔ Identify and describe TWO methods of producing AC electricity and TWO methods of producing DC electricity using renewable and non-renewable sources.

i cant find any can you give me an example thanks. (only got solar for DC and wind turbine for AC)
Smithenator5000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danthe vacuuman)
➔ Identify and describe TWO methods of producing AC electricity and TWO methods of producing DC electricity using renewable and non-renewable sources.

i cant find any can you give me an example thanks. (only got solar for DC and wind turbine for AC)
Hello,

As for the AC production, you could mention the traditional fuel-based power plant. This is typically a non-renewable option. For AC, you can generally name anything which involves a turbine of some sort. As for DC production, you could mention things such as batteries (which naturally output DC via chemical methods) or you could mention rectification circuits (which require an AC input). I hope that this this been helpful.
danthe vacuuman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Smithenator5000)
Hello,

As for the AC production, you could mention the traditional fuel-based power plant. This is typically a non-renewable option. For AC, you can generally name anything which involves a turbine of some sort. As for DC production, you could mention things such as batteries (which naturally output DC via chemical methods) or you could mention rectification circuits (which require an AC input). I hope that this this been helpful.
Do cars use DC Motors? and is a battery actually a power source thanks for the help
Smithenator5000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danthe vacuuman)
Do cars use DC Motors? and is a battery actually a power source thanks for the help
Hello,

As for you first question, the DC motor is more of an interface which takes DC input and converts that into mechanical energy due to electromagnetism (and yes, I do believe that they are commonly used in cars). As for your second question, batteries certainly fit my definition of a power source; something which converts one type of energy into electrical energy. You can research the precise mechanics of a battery and make your own judgement. In fact, instead of 'battery', consider mentioning 'fuel cells' (such as the hydrogen cell), which also produce DC but unlike batteries require an external supply. These are used by hydrogen cars for example. Once again, I hope that this has been of some use and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate