The Student Room Group

Girls: Could you date a guy that won't have sex with you?

Poll

Girls: Could you date/marry a guy that does not want sex?

If a guy didn't enjoy sex full stop (either penetrative, or giving and receiving oral) would you be able to have a relationship with him?

Thinking more long term, would you be able to marry him (assuming that if you wanted kids it would be done without having sex) ?

Otherwise he is a normal loving guy, that provides and takes car for you?

Basically, how important is sex?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScreenSaver
If a guy didn't enjoy sex (either penetrative, or giving and receiving oral) would you be able to have a relationship with him?

Thinking more long term, would you be able to marry him (assuming that if you wanted kids it would be done without having sex) ?

I would assume it would depend on how nice the car was.
To me its not that important. I'm not a girl who currently has any ideas about marriage or kids hence I've voted for being in a relationship with the guy only.

If he was a nice guy who looked after me and was sometimes spontaneous that would be enough for me. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mediageek123
To me its not that important. I'm not a girl who currently has any ideas about marriage or kids hence I've voted for being in a relationship with the guy only.

If he was a nice guy who looked after me and was sometimes spontaneous that would be enough for me. :smile:

How do you mean by spontaneous?
If a guy didn't enjoy sex full stop (either penetrative, or giving and receiving oral) would you be able to have a relationship with him?

Irrelevant but kudos to you for not hiding behind one of those anonymous profiles, good to see someone has the balls to speak out every now and again.
Which kind of guy doesn't like anything sexual though?
How do you mean by spontaneous?

I don't know, just maybe if he knows one night I'm free he invites me out to dinner at a nice resturaunt or we go for a walk in the countryside one sunny afternoon. I wouldn't expect it often- but on occasions its sometimes nice to be surprised like that, or at least I'd imagine it would be. :smile:
Reply 7
I don't know, just maybe if he knows one night I'm free he invites me out to dinner at a nice resturaunt or we go for a walk in the countryside one sunny afternoon. I wouldn't expect it often- but on occasions its sometimes nice to be surprised like that, or at least I'd imagine it would be. :smile:

Oh that goes without saying :smile:

And you would be ok with having zero sex life in a relationship?
Oh that goes without saying :smile:

And you would be ok with having zero sex life in a relationship?

Hell yeah! As long as the guy is okay with hugs and kisses ( a little romance doesn't hurt :wink: ), I'd totally be okay with it!
Before marriage, yeh that would be great, and I could definitely love someone without having a sexual relationship

If we were to get married, provided the guy *could* do it, I would probably want to have children naturally.
One thing that confuses me is why would you be in a relationship with someone you thought didn't have potential to be your future husband? What's the point in being in a relationship with a guy you didn't want to marry (excluding the relationships where people just want to have sex). I'm assuming that the girl knows the guy doesn't want to have sex before she gets in a relationship with him. Unless she just wants a relationship where she can get hugs and kisses but wants children when she gets married.

Anyway I voted 'I could happily marry them', I think it would be nice to have someone you can fully trust knowing that they don't just want you for sex. :h:
No to be honest
Hell yeah! As long as the guy is okay with hugs and kisses ( a little romance doesn't hurt :wink: ), I'd totally be okay with it!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by Vicky628
Before marriage, yeh that would be great, and I could definitely love someone without having a sexual relationship

If we were to get married, provided the guy *could* do it, I would probably want to have children naturally.

And how old are you?

Original post by AFStudent
One thing that confuses me is why would you be in a relationship with someone you thought didn't have potential to be your future husband? What's the point in being in a relationship with a guy you didn't want to marry (excluding the relationships where people just want to have sex). I'm assuming that the girl knows the guy doesn't want to have sex before she gets in a relationship with him. Unless she just wants a relationship where she can get hugs and kisses but wants children when she gets married.

Anyway I voted 'I could happily marry them', I think it would be nice to have someone you can fully trust knowing that they don't just want you for sex. :h:

I can't answer that question. But I am (pleasantly) surprised how many girls would happily have a relationship and even a marriage without any sex ever !
Original post by samina_ay
Which kind of guy doesn't like anything sexual though?

Asexuals
Original post by LiquidGold
No to be honest

How important is sex to you?
Asexuals

It's a no from me then.
I feel quite guilty saying this, but I don't think I could do it. Firstly, I have a high sex drive and I don't think I could go without it forever. I like sex a lot - I wouldn't want to never have it ever again. I just think it's a really important part of a relationship and I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be a deal breaker
Reply 17
I could, I wouldn't mind that as I am on a vow of celibacy anyway.
Original post by Jenx301
I feel quite guilty saying this, but I don't think I could do it. Firstly, I have a high sex drive and I don't think I could go without it forever. I like sex a lot - I wouldn't want to never have it ever again. I just think it's a really important part of a relationship and I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be a deal breaker

Thanks for your honesty, you're not the girl for me!

However, if it was just oral and no penetrative, would that be enough for you?
Reply 19
Non religious reasons just not gonna put out for anyone till im ready if that day ever comes

Quick Reply

Latest