The Student Room Group

LNAT on 11th of Jan? Too late?

Have I left it too late?
Why do you want to do it so late?
Reply 2
Original post by angelcake123
Why do you want to do it so late?

I kinda put it off and that's the earliest that's available.
Original post by blaze9990
I kinda put it off and that's the earliest that's available.

Ah i see. Well it's out of your control, but to answer your question:

1) It is a late date considering you could have chose September, October, November or even December.

2) How many LNAT unis are you applying to? The advice that I got is that it should be no more than 2. So, assuming you applied to 2 LNAT unis, that isnt too bad, that leaves you with 3 unis who will give you an offer/rejection regardless of your LNAT score.

3) Your LNAT unis cant give you an offer until they receive your LNAT score. So, despite this, try to send off your UCAS as early as possible. In that case, January LNAT date isnt going to ruin your life. You can still get offers before then. Its a late exam, but unis wont penalise you for it (i dont think).

4) I think those who do their exam in Jan wont get their results until june? By then you probs wont care about your results, but more so about your A2.

Dont stress over the late date. If it was such a problem to unis, they would have set their own deadline like how Oxfords deadline for LNAT is 20th October. So the other unis should be fine with yours being on 11 jan as it meets their deadline. Dont overwork yourself either, there is only so much prep you can do :smile: ok i feel like i am rambling on now, so ill stop but yes good luck :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
Ah i see. Well it's out of your control, but to answer your question:

1) It is a late date considering you could have chose September, October, November or even December.

2) How many LNAT unis are you applying to? The advice that I got is that it should be no more than 2. So, assuming you applied to 2 LNAT unis, that isnt too bad, that leaves you with 3 unis who will give you an offer/rejection regardless of your LNAT score.

3) Your LNAT unis cant give you an offer until they receive your LNAT score. So, despite this, try to send off your UCAS as early as possible. In that case, January LNAT date isnt going to ruin your life. You can still get offers before then. Its a late exam, but unis wont penalise you for it (i dont think).

4) I think those who do their exam in Jan wont get their results until june? By then you probs wont care about your results, but more so about your A2.

Dont stress over the late date. If it was such a problem to unis, they would have set their own deadline like how Oxfords deadline for LNAT is 20th October. So the other unis should be fine with yours being on 11 jan as it meets their deadline. Dont overwork yourself either, there is only so much prep you can do :smile: ok i feel like i am rambling on now, so ill stop but yes good luck :tongue:

Thanks a lot for the help. Yes I have only applied to two LNAT uni's and the other three have given me offers.
Original post by blaze9990
Thanks a lot for the help. Yes I have only applied to two LNAT uni's and the other three have given me offers.

Yw :smile: wow grats!

Quick Reply