The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonnnne
heya when i was young, i was so fair, but as i grew i got a bit darker, and relatives always mention it, since i was originally fair, is there a way it can be reversed or anything?

any good creams u guys can recommend?

quote me plz

:/

how about you learn to love yourself regardless of your skin colour :h:
Reply 2
heya when i was young, i was so fair, but as i grew i got a bit darker, and relatives always mention it, since i was originally fair, is there a way it can be reversed or anything?

quote me plz

Being fair doesn't equate to being beautiful.

I actually find girls with colour to their skin to be far more attractive than fair skin girls.
Reply 3
That's racist
Reply 4

quote me plz

What your relatives are trying say is that you are of less worth as human being now that you have got darker. Sucks to be you.

Spoiler

Reply 5
If I really hated the way I look I would bleach, but I am not.. Just wanted a answer to my query lol :/

quote me plz

Google Korean skin lightening cream

quote me plz

No; and you shouldn't want to change the colour of your skin

Have you seen how many white girls go and fry themselves under sun beds in an effort to look tanned?

Having colour to your skin is beautiful! Be proud and embrace it.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
:/

how about you learn to love yourself regardless of your skin colour :h:

I agree

#pridenothate
#whiteprideworldwide
#asianprideworldwide
#africanprideworldwide
#realdiversity
#endculturalmarxism
Don't use creams, you will mess up your skin.

Just exfoliate and have a good diet and keep hydrated, I personally think complexion matters more than skin colour.
If I really hated the way I look I would bleach, but I am not.. Just wanted a answer to my query lol :/

My cousin used to use this cream called fair and lovely to lighten his skin colour. Personally though I think it's extremely vain to go to such efforts like changing your skin colour.
Jeeze I don't get why everyone is getting angry at OP for something she didn't even say. She said she used to be fairer and was wondering if it was possible to be fair again. She did not say that dark skinned people are inferior or ugly. Jesus christ.

Am I suddenly a racist or hating on non white people because I don't like how I look with a tan and prefer to be pale? Get a grip people.
So am I not beautiful because I'm very pale?

Ridiculous. You have no business telling her how she should want to look.

And at OP, I recommend just sun block.
Embrace it. You should never be ashamed of something which you have no power over.
Original post by SophieSmall

missing the point.jpg
Reply 15
Still no answe..vbump
Still no answe..vbump

ha ha, bump failed, oh wait.
Jeeze I don't get why everyone is getting angry at OP for something she didn't even say. She said she used to be fairer and was wondering if it was possible to be fair again. She did not say that dark skinned people are inferior or ugly. Jesus christ.

Am I suddenly a racist or hating on non white people because I don't like how I look with a tan and prefer to be pale? Get a grip people.

Lol op is not doing it because they genuinely wants to be pale it because family members have pushed them into that lol ( it’s quit evident as they mentioned family)
When non white family's talk about how pale their kids used to be it’s not in a matter of fact kind of way , it’s in a u used to be such a beautiful child u were so pale , now ur so dark .they praise how pale they used to be but never their skin tone now. This probably made them insecure, my family has done this to me.
Nobody’s angry lol just concerned.
(edited 1 year ago)

Lol this is such a tone deaf comment. All skin tones are beautiful lol. Stop trying to make it about u ur the type of person who gets mad when people say black is beautiful 😭 .people saying that there’s nothing wrong with their skin Tone doesn’t mean that ur paleness is ugly wtf.
Personally if a pale person tans because of family shaming them , if people responded with pale skin is beautiful I wouldn’t be mad if probably be saying it too( I’m dark skin)

Lol stop being triggered
Hey , it’s natural as u grew older u got darker most darker skinned people experience this due to u being in sun more ur skin created more and more melanin which made ur skin dark it’s just a part of growing up. About relatives mentioning how light u were as a kid ? Ignore them and if u can stand up for urself tell them to F off ( use nicer language tho lol) don’t let relatives make u feel bad.
Please don’t use bleaching cream many of the contain ingredients that can destroy ur skin by causing chemical burns ,acne ,ruining ur skin barrier etc as a lot of them are harsh and hey even if u do get lighter often u would be left with a grey undertone which is common . Sunscreen won’t reverse the melanin in ur skin u can never go back to how ur skin tone was as a baby it may make u lighter sure

I suggest unpacking why u dislike ur skin tone and embracing it . Hating ur skin is hard and painful and the road to accepting it is difficult but once u get their it’s amazing loving ur skin tone isa hundred times better than trying to lighten ur skin.

Latest