The Student Room Group

Anyone pass the tesco screening test?

Scroll to see replies

I got an email saying after careful consideration they will not continue my application so does that mean my answers to the questionnaire were correct and it was just the additional information I entered previously about experience and personal details etc. and just amend the information. Do you think it could be because I'm a graduate and they just reject me? Its just a part time job to fill the time but maybe they just don't want a grad lol
Reply 41
Original post by Captain127
I got an email saying after careful consideration they will not continue my application so does that mean my answers to the questionnaire were correct and it was just the additional information I entered previously about experience and personal details etc. and just amend the information. Do you think it could be because I'm a graduate and they just reject me? Its just a part time job to fill the time but maybe they just don't want a grad lol

It's possible they see you as over qualified as they do have graduate jobs available, or it may also be that they think you'll only be looking for short term employment whereas they would prefer commitment to the company. But yes sounds like you passed the questionnaire and then when your application was reviewed they didn't progress it further
Original post by molmae
I'm aware you didn't ask me but these are what I consider the answers to be:
C, A, C, B, A, A, C, A, A, B, C, B, A, C, A, C, A

Just used these answers and failed
If you've failed the questionnaire, does it pop up and tell you instantly after submitting the answers? Thanks
Yes, it comes up immediately after you submit your answers. I've applied 3 or 4 times now and keep getting rejected 😧 I know I'm obviously selecting the wrong answers, but they're the only ones that make sense to me.
Reply 45
Original post by Sarah_E24
*you're

Who isn't Tesco standard anymore?...

From what I've seen at Tesco, English language isn't even a standard these days. I prefer Waitrose
A customer asks you for some Finest Mince Pies they have heard are on offer, but cannot find them. You have been asked to re-fill the Turkeys. What do you do next?
I have over 25 years in retail and ran my own busines for 15 years , so have had a lot of experience with dealing and helping the general public . I tried applying for a part time Tesco job about 7 times and cannot get past the questionaire, tired changing the answers too , still no luck . Will have to give up and try another supermarket which seems a shame i am a loyal customer at Tesco and would have been a valuable employee too.
Original post by Amanda Findley
I have over 25 years in retail and ran my own busines for 15 years , so have had a lot of experience with dealing and helping the general public . I tried applying for a part time Tesco job about 7 times and cannot get past the questionaire, tired changing the answers too , still no luck . Will have to give up and try another supermarket which seems a shame i am a loyal customer at Tesco and would have been a valuable employee too.

PM me, I have passed all too many times. I would like to help.
A customer asks you for some Finest Mince Pies they have heard are on offer, but cannot find them. You have been asked to re-fill the Turkeys. What do you do next?
IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE CORECT answer
Original post by slowdive
PM me, I have passed all too many times. I would like to help.

hey
Hi This one is for Shift leader,I don’t know for what position did you apply!I hope it help you ✌️As a Shift Leader, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities.Working as a Shift Leader, you will be part of a team. Your team members may often ask you for help and advice. How do you feel about that?I like working in a team and I am happy to offer help and advice where neededAs a shift leader, you will often be responsible for the whole store. How do you feel about that?I like having responsibility and feel comfortable in a busy environment over seeing various tasksAs a Shift Leader, you will may be required to work early in the morning, or later at night. How do you feel about that?I am happy to be flexible with my working hoursYou have just helped a customer find the flowers and they continue to chat to you about who they are buying them for. You need to finish filling your delivery. How do you respond?Start to refill the section while listening to the customer at the same time.You overhear a customer asking a colleague for some finest strawberries that they have heard are on offer, but the colleague can’t find them. What do you do next?Help the team member straight away to ensure the customer gets what they wantYou are the most senior person in your store and a local customer wishes to complain about the noise from delivery vehicles. How do you respond?You listen to the customers complaint and respond appropriately, agreeing to get back to the customer once you have looked into this further and able to provide a resolutionA member of your team is changing the promotion at the end of an aisle. Another colleague asks them to help on checkouts so they ask if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer.A member of the team confides in you that they are upset with the way another colleague has spoken to them. They have asked you for advice. What do you do?Ask if they let the other colleague know that they were upset with the way they were spoken to. Support both colleagues in resolving the issueIt’s a Friday morning and you are leading your shift with a team of 3 colleagues who are all busy with replenishment tasks and serving at the Checkouts. A chiller breaks down resulting in no milk being on sale. What do you do?Ensure a colleague is present in the aisle to help customers get the milk they need from the chiller in the warehouse
Hi This one is for Shift leader,I don’t know for what position did you apply!I hope it help you ✌️As a Shift Leader, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?I am happy to answer any questions and do not mind helping customers whilst carrying out my responsibilities.Working as a Shift Leader, you will be part of a team. Your team members may often ask you for help and advice. How do you feel about that?I like working in a team and I am happy to offer help and advice where neededAs a shift leader, you will often be responsible for the whole store. How do you feel about that?I like having responsibility and feel comfortable in a busy environment over seeing various tasksAs a Shift Leader, you will may be required to work early in the morning, or later at night. How do you feel about that?I am happy to be flexible with my working hoursYou have just helped a customer find the flowers and they continue to chat to you about who they are buying them for. You need to finish filling your delivery. How do you respond?Start to refill the section while listening to the customer at the same time.You overhear a customer asking a colleague for some finest strawberries that they have heard are on offer, but the colleague can’t find them. What do you do next?Help the team member straight away to ensure the customer gets what they wantYou are the most senior person in your store and a local customer wishes to complain about the noise from delivery vehicles. How do you respond?You listen to the customers complaint and respond appropriately, agreeing to get back to the customer once you have looked into this further and able to provide a resolutionA member of your team is changing the promotion at the end of an aisle. Another colleague asks them to help on checkouts so they ask if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer.A member of the team confides in you that they are upset with the way another colleague has spoken to them. They have asked you for advice. What do you do?Ask if they let the other colleague know that they were upset with the way they were spoken to. Support both colleagues in resolving the issueIt’s a Friday morning and you are leading your shift with a team of 3 colleagues who are all busy with replenishment tasks and serving at the Checkouts. A chiller breaks down resulting in no milk being on sale. What do you do?Ensure a colleague is present in the aisle to help customers get the milk they need from the chiller in the warehouse
Mate you don’t make any sense that thing is stupid the questions on there it says that you would have to walk away from a customer rather than help them but you clearly are the master sorry big man
You lot are crap just give us the answers how hard is that. This questionnaire is so annoying it’s not even classed as a questionnaire
Reply 56
The question are easy, you just have to think like a Tesco employee and you do great.
I have tried doing the online screening process several times myself and have been rejected every time. I have chosen different answers too, I have phoned their customer service dept, they told me to phone recruitment, who then told me to phone the store who then told me to phone recruitment, from the sounds of it they are a very ignorant and stubborn company to work for and dont want to help people.
It is a really hard and strange questionnaire. I did work for Tesco and I have tried all the combinations of answers to the questions and still no joy!! It really is a shame as I am literally a small walk from my local store. Maybe if I didn't put my degree on the application perhaps that may make a difference but I've moved on to looking for other jobs.... Good luck all! I believe it gives you an auto-rejection if your answers are completely off the mark!
Also got through to the group or individual interviews with one set of answers and didn't get through this time around with the same set of answers! Unbelievable! :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending