Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Gap Society (UKL GapSoc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've seen so many societies and I thought of starting one that relates to me more than a lot of the others do.

Welcome to the UKL Gap Society!

I'd like to hear from:

• People currently having a gap year
    • People doing a gap year soon
    • People who are thinking of doing a gap year or are just interested in them

What did you/are you going to do?
    Which company did you/are you going with?
    Do you recommened gap years for others?

Well, a bit about myself. In February 2005, I shall be leaving for China. I will be there for 6months, during which I will be teaching English in a school. I don't know where exactly I'm going yet, but I hope to hear soon!

I am going with www.GAP.org.uk as I felt they were the most proffesional company. So far, I have not been proven wrong and have found them great help with any queries etc. I had an interview with them in which they answered some of my questions, and I also had a phone call from the project manager who gave me more info and answered more of my questions.

I cannot wait to go to China; I'm trying to learn a bit of Mandarin, but am having great difficulty in doing so! Any help for that would be great!

If you want to join, just leave a reply below and we can have a thread solely for those who are Gappers at heart!

Zai jian!

ReputationRep:
    Would buying the occassional branded hoodie suffice? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL! It depends. If you plan to wear your GAP hoodie while on a gap year, then that's fine by me!

ReputationRep:
    i'm taking a yr out
    got a job lined up

and then will spend it all to go on a holiday to india and egypt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    Well, I've seen so many societies and I thought of starting one that relates to me more than a lot of the others do.

I'd like to hear from:

Well, a bit about myself. In February 2005, I shall be leaving for China. I will be there for 6months, during which I will be teaching English in a school. I don't know where exactly I'm going yet, but I hope to hear soon!

I am going with www.GAP.org.uk as I felt they were the most proffesional company. So far, I have not been proven wrong and have found them great help with any queries etc. I had an interview with them in which they answered some of my questions, and I also had a phone call from the project manager who gave me more info and answered more of my questions.

I cannot wait to go to China; I'm trying to learn a bit of Mandarin, but am having great difficulty in doing so! Any help for that would be great!

If you want to join, just leave a reply below and we can have a thread solely for those who are Gappers at heart!

Zai jian!
    Count me in too,please! I am thinking of doing a gap year!

Welcome to China!
    I am living in Beijing.

zai jian.(再见)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)

I'd like to hear from:

Zai jian!
    Going to China with GAP? Me to!

ReputationRep:
    Im going on a Gap next year!!!

Ive decided on two options...
    a) I do a year as a nanny, that way I get paid, I get a place to stay(safety), I look after children and I get two days a week off... sounds pretty good to me, Id have to do a nanny course though, but it doesnt bother me becuase I love children.

b) If I dont do that ill just take a year off and my parents will send my to Italy and England and when I get home just work and surf for the raminder of the year.

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting my gap year job on the 9th august, so not long now! it's quite scary! i've got a 12 month contract with merck sharpe and dohme neuroscience centre. will be doing drug research and synthesis in the molecular biology dept. they have a big gap an sandwich year scheme, have met the other "gappers" in my dept and they're all cool! i am looking forward to it but i wish i was still having a long lazy summer

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.