AS/A2 mock results Vs real exam results

Watch
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've seen the GCSE one so I was wondering about AS/A2 grades? I've got my mocks coming up (bio,chem,German,geog) and I'm pretty scared about being kicked off the course- I'm someone who takes it easy to start with (ending now) and is motivated by the fear of failure leading up to exams.

Anyone went from a U in a mock to a B/A?? Help pls bare scared init

Also I just need someone to tell me to calm down and reassure me a little bit- I'm making myself ill
Randall13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry mocks mean very little but they are very important in order to identify weaknesses and build up on those so you don't make the same mistakes again.

Therefore, I suggest trying your very best and putting effort in order to revise because otherwise you will get a lot of things wrong and will not be able to fully analyse where your weak points are, otherwise you might just think ' If I revised, I would have got that'. Therefore a great deal of importance are placed on them.

However, don't worry if your results in the mocks aren't great, you can only get better.

I know people who got 4A's in mocks but BBCC in real exams.
But also people who got CDEE but got AAAB.

Try your best and treat it as a learning curve. Good luck! You will be fine.
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in the process of doing mocks now...baffled...
Alevelsarehard1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have just done my first mocks today (chemistry) and have been told by members of staff at school that we will be kicked off the course if we don't get a D or above, which is quite scary. However I have also been told by other members of staff that if we fail, we just have or privileges taken away from us (leaving school during our frees). I assume this may be slightly different, depending on how strict your school is.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS:

Mocks - ACDE (computing, biology, chemistry, physics)
Actual - BBCC (same order)

that computing paper was a ****ing ***** -_-
not particularly proud of my results but hey - I tried
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alevelsarehard1)
I have just done my first mocks today (chemistry) and have been told by members of staff at school that we will be kicked off the course if we don't get a D or above, which is quite scary. However I have also been told by other members of staff that if we fail, we just have or privileges taken away from us (leaving school during our frees). I assume this may be slightly different, depending on how strict your school is.
My school did that - it was B.S.
Their cut-off was a D also, me and a billion others got Us in class tests and the official Jan mocks and still stayed on our courses
Yeah we got our frees taken away but they were given back the following half term
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ImagineCats)
I've seen the GCSE one so I was wondering about AS/A2 grades? I've got my mocks coming up (bio,chem,German,geog) and I'm pretty scared about being kicked off the course- I'm someone who takes it easy to start with (ending now) and is motivated by the fear of failure leading up to exams.

Also I just need someone to tell me to calm down and reassure me a little bit- I'm making myself ill
Yes I got a U in all my mocks, and even manage to get 90% In the real ones in some modules.

Personally, I think people should treat the mocks as a real exam (although I hate taking them =_=) so that you can see at what current grade you are at, and how you can improve regardless of what results you've got. Although I did bad in a lot of my mocks, after I got the papers back I annotated the whole paper on what I should've done or need to do in a different coloured pen. I then remembered all of it for the following months and tried not making the same mistakes.

I changed my perspective of mocks now to a test to highlight my current strength and weaknesses, rather than a tedious unimportant test to stress us
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
AS:

Mocks - ACDE (computing, biology, chemistry, physics)
Actual - BBCC (same order)

that computing paper was a ****ing ***** -_-
not particularly proud of my results but hey - I tried
At least you've tried. Computing exam papers are a *****, good thing I dropped it and decided to code in my spare time.
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got a C in my real German AS after a comfortable A in the mocks. Disappointed the real exams just like I did at GCSE

FML :cry:
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
At least you've tried. Computing exam papers are a *****, good thing I dropped it and decided to code in my spare time.
haha i took it because everyone was like "you're good at it!!" when I'm really not -_-
took it anyway and now we are doing coursework and i have no idea how to code :/ whoops haha i'm so screwed
im deffo gonna work on my coding during my gap year - it's too cool to give up ;p
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I got a U in my first Sociology mock and an A in the real thing. I got a D in my Psychology mock and a B in the real thing. Mocks are there to help you an show you where to improve (and isn't that a sentence I never thought I'd say a year ago!)
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got U in my geography mock, resat and got an A. Got an A in my actual exams. You won't be kicked off a course unless you are a lazy sod who skips lectures.
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
haha i took it because everyone was like "you're good at it!!" when I'm really not -_-
took it anyway and now we are doing coursework and i have no idea how to code :/ whoops haha i'm so screwed
im deffo gonna work on my coding during my gap year - it's too cool to give up ;p
Have you ever used CodeAcademy? To be fair, coding is a long rollercoaster ride: at first it seems so cool, then it suddenly becomes the thing you hate, then it becomes boring, then interesting and your feelings will keep on changing lol.

What languages do you code in?
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you ever used CodeAcademy? To be fair, coding is a long rollercoaster ride: at first it seems so cool, then it suddenly becomes the thing you hate, then it becomes boring, then interesting and your feelings will keep on changing lol.

What languages do you code in?
haha yupp it is
i loved it at first i thought it was so cool, that Hello World program *_* and then I was like I don't get this -_- when it came to file reading and writing. Then I was like this is soooo long, and now I'm like omg I could make a game ^_^ this is AwESOMe

Well we do Java :3 you?
username2097061
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Someone went from U in mocks to A (90% in AS)
kkboyk
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
haha yupp it is
i loved it at first i thought it was so cool, that Hello World program *_* and then I was like I don't get this -_- when it came to file reading and writing. Then I was like this is soooo long, and now I'm like omg I could make a game ^_^ this is AwESOMe

Well we do Java :3 you?
During my GCSE Computing deadline day, all of a sudden all my files got corrupted, and on one file I think someone changed removed a semi-colon so I spent the whole day analysing my code and couldn't find it (there were too many lines =_=). Even to this day I still fear coding a bit

Python and JavaScript. I'm planning on learning meteor.js to learn object orienting programming with JavaScript and make cool stuff
Mesosleepy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BBCU mock to AAAB real AS
imsoLit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS Mocks:
C- Biology (AQA)
B- Economics (AQA)
D- Chemistry (AQA)
A- Critical Thinking (OCR)
A- Geography (AQA 95%+)
so, AABCD

Real:
A- Biology (93%UMS)A- Economics (82%UMS)B- Chemistry (78%UMS)B- Critical Thinking (79%UMS)C- Geography (60%UMS) I have no idea what happened .... This made me cry on results day...so, AABBCI wanted all A's but meh. I have been predicted AAA and A* in EPQ. Applied for medicine .. lets wait for the rejections to roll in!
raven48
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did Chemistry biology and psychology and nutrition.
I went from U chemistry , U biology, C psychology, A nutrition to U chemistry, C biology, B psychology and A nutrition.
Still failed chemistry but decided to focus on my other subjects and it paid off.
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
During my GCSE Computing deadline day, all of a sudden all my files got corrupted, and on one file I think someone changed removed a semi-colon so I spent the whole day analysing my code and couldn't find it (there were too many lines =_=). Even to this day I still fear coding a bit

Python and JavaScript. I'm planning on learning meteor.js to learn object orienting programming with JavaScript and make cool stuff
:O omg!!
That sucks! We use an IDE when we program so it points out the errors for you (mssing semi-colons etc.)
that's crazy! My biggest nightmare :O! I didn't do GCSE computing :3 I got As all throughout the year in the programming techniques paper but i have no idea how haha i hated pseudocode. Then that paper destroyed me T_T

Ooh nice! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (6)
33.33%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (5)
27.78%
I have already dropped out (1)
5.56%
I'm not a current university student (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads