The Student Room Group

Did anyone else lose puppy fat? Any reason?

Just a random forum because I lost quite a bit (not an huge amount) of weight in my teens for no real reason. Just wondering if anyone went through the same and if they had and reason behind it.

I went from a size 10 to size 8 to size 6 over about a 3/4 year period. No real change in diet or exercise or height for that matter. Have stayed at a size 6 (though my weight now fluctuates a bit with the seasons) for the past 4 years or so.
I burned off a fair bit of stomach weight when I was cutting earlier this year, got some abs out for a while and then went back on the bulk. Think I'll cut again this spring and get properly lean and then I'll be following the Lyle McDonald approach to bulking and cutting, which I feel will work better for me now that I'm more advanced.

Basically 16 weeks of gaining 1lb a week (a portion of which will be fat gains, but also some good muscle hopefully);couple of weeks of eating at maintenance to settle things; then cutting aggressively for a few weeks to trim off any gained fat; then maintenance again for a couple of weeks to settle things again; then repeat the cycle.

Seems like a good way to stay between 8-12% bodyfat year-round while getting bigger, whilst at the same time avoiding long, drawn-out cutting phases. Doubt it'd work well for the beginner or intermediate lifter but for someone in my position, I can see it being very beneficial :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest