kizzz!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Seems like most people doing the primary PGCE's are doing general primary so I thought it would be good to have a place specific for the Early Years/ KS1 3-7 route people!

Anyone been for interviews yet?
fayfeb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello I have!

I interviewed at Cambridge, Brighton and UEA and I've just found out that I have got a place at Cambridge! wahoooo.

What about you? interviews have been sooo stressful I am very much ready for the weekend! Hope everything is going great for you!

Have you always wanted to specifically do the younger years? I was always thinking year 5+ till I did some extra classroom experience this summer!
Bena0202
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ii have!! Been accepted onto two courses so far but I will be taking Kingston! I have an interview on wednesday but i am going to withdraw my application and cancel it! What about yourself?
kizzz!
Rep:
?
(Original post by fayfeb)
Hello I have!

I interviewed at Cambridge, Brighton and UEA and I've just found out that I have got a place at Cambridge! wahoooo.

What about you? interviews have been sooo stressful I am very much ready for the weekend! Hope everything is going great for you!

Have you always wanted to specifically do the younger years? I was always thinking year 5+ till I did some extra classroom experience this summer!
(Original post by Bena0202)
Ii have!! Been accepted onto two courses so far but I will be taking Kingston! I have an interview on wednesday but i am going to withdraw my application and cancel it! What about yourself?
Congrats both of you!! I need some of your wisdom! I'm exhausted with preparing for these interviews but feel like I'm getting nowhere! Do you have any suggestions of particular things to read up on or any links?

In terms of current issues I've been looking at baseline assessments, pupil premium, testing at ks1 etc... Does this sound right?
fayfeb
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
that sounds great to me! I talked about summer babies starting later, which could be good if they want a specificity early primary school type answer maybe?

Try not to stress, I am sure you will be amazing!!! Good luck

In my feedback they noted how I was really 'happy' and 'bubbly' (which I definitely was NOT feeling on the inside!!!) in the waiting around periods, so I would say make sure you force a smile plastered to your face for the entirety of the day haha
kizzz!
Rep:
?
(Original post by fayfeb)
that sounds great to me! I talked about summer babies starting later, which could be good if they want a specificity early primary school type answer maybe?

Try not to stress, I am sure you will be amazing!!! Good luck

In my feedback they noted how I was really 'happy' and 'bubbly' (which I definitely was NOT feeling on the inside!!!) in the waiting around periods, so I would say make sure you force a smile plastered to your face for the entirety of the day haha
Thanks! My first interview is a school direct and has 30 min group discussion over a question. I'm worried that the particular question will be on something I haven't prepared for and so then I'm stuck haha!
I will try to keep smiling. Got a terrible cold and sore throat so maybe my croaky voice will add a bit of comedy to the day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads