PSNI? Englishman?! Watch

lewislloyd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, PSNI mean anything to you? Well it's the Police Service of Northern Ireland, and I really like the look of them. Unfortunately I'm from England so this would mean a large amount of movement however I know a few people in Belfast who would hopefully put me up for a little while till I found a full on place of my own.
You may be wondering why would someone from England want to join the PSNI so I will pros and cons, what I basically want you guys to do if that is OK is give me advice on the decision of trying to pursue PSNI and any relevant information, so here we go....

PROS:
Interesting line of what in a culturally diverse area!
High chance of development within interesting roles.
Seems more interesting and community orientated then the English Police.
More of a challenge, they work in tougher situations constantly.
A big city will feel slightly like a community which I like the sound of a lot!

CONS:
Far away from home, and I mean FAR. 7 hrs and 15 mins on a plane to be precise!
Working in an area I don't know very well.
Long hours - But I can combat them easily!

So, do you guys think giving the PSNI is a good idea, and if you've any advice on them then please lave a comment, all replies will be greatly valued.
MSI_10
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lewislloyd)
Hi guys, PSNI mean anything to you? Well it's the Police Service of Northern Ireland, and I really like the look of them. Unfortunately I'm from England so this would mean a large amount of movement however I know a few people in Belfast who would hopefully put me up for a little while till I found a full on place of my own.
You may be wondering why would someone from England want to join the PSNI so I will pros and cons, what I basically want you guys to do if that is OK is give me advice on the decision of trying to pursue PSNI and any relevant information, so here we go....

PROS:
Interesting line of what in a culturally diverse area!
High chance of development within interesting roles.
Seems more interesting and community orientated then the English Police.
More of a challenge, they work in tougher situations constantly.
A big city will feel slightly like a community which I like the sound of a lot!

CONS:
Far away from home, and I mean FAR. 7 hrs and 15 mins on a plane to be precise!
Working in an area I don't know very well.
Long hours - But I can combat them easily!

So, do you guys think giving the PSNI is a good idea, and if you've any advice on them then please lave a comment, all replies will be greatly valued.
Good luck if you apply! IIRC they closed their recent recruitment drive 2 months back I think.

Keep in mind the biggest difference for getting in is that the fitness standards are MUCH MUCH MUCH higher. You will also be armed.
Working as an Officer in England won't be that much difference from PSNI so if you are concerned about travelling too far just consider the 43 Forces in England/Wales.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are good.
huns out
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
psni translates to target you silly delusional orange **** catch yourself on and do yourself on and save me the time
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads