The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perry2323
Awesome!! You're the first person who I've heard who has also applied for ES at Stirling :smile: they offered me my predicted grades which are BBC. Good luck

Thanks! Where else have you applied?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Leicester, reading, Chester and uwe. How about you?
Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Is Stirling your 1st choice?
Are there any signs that stirling wants you?
Reply 44
Have most of you who have applied for Scottish unis from Scotland?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio

Nope, I'm from the south west of England, right down on the coast, so it will be bit of a trek to get there 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guessing you're from Scottland then :')
I'm from Essex so is going to be a nice long train journey.
Atm it's my first choice, need to go up and see it on an applicant day. Either there or Leicester :smile:
Reply 47
I'm from the channel Isles but I don't know anyone outside of Scotland whose actually been to a Scottish uni lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from west Sussex in the south east:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so cool :smile:
Yeah same I don't know anyone here that goes to a Scottish uni, apart from my mum who went to Edinburgh
I received a conditional offer for journalism and English studies a few weeks ago 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm from Sheffield and tempted to put it as my first choice
Original post by caitlinc28
I'm from Sheffield and tempted to put it as my first choice

What did you apply for?
Original post by Hanny2596
What did you apply for?

Philosophy
Reply 54
Has anyone applied for business studies?
Reply 55
I have also applied for philosophy at Stirling! :smile: Haven't heard anything from them yet... Have you?
Reply 56
I applied to nursing a few months ago, but have been told they like to generally wait until after the deadline to start doing offers/ interviews.
Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I'm a second year international management student, it covers modules in business, finance and Spanish. If you have any questions about those subjects or if you're from abroad like me, please ask! More than happy to help out :smile:
Original post by Suzanne93
Hi guys,

I'm a second year international management student, it covers modules in business, finance and Spanish. If you have any questions about those subjects or if you're from abroad like me, please ask! More than happy to help out :smile:

Hi there, your course sounds really interesting! I have applied to study languages at Stirling (it's my first choice) and I was wondering if there is a lot of literature content as I'm more interested in the translation side of things. Thank you in advance!
Original post by mairi.edwards
Hi there, your course sounds really interesting! I have applied to study languages at Stirling (it's my first choice) and I was wondering if there is a lot of literature content as I'm more interested in the translation side of things. Thank you in advance!

Hi Mairi!
There's a difference in whether you start as a beginner or an advanced student. Beginners focus on language and grammar in the first year, whereas advanced students start with culture and reading several books and films immediately from first year. You have to write essays on these books and films, showing your understanding of the literature and cultural context.
If Im correct, from 3rd year onwards you start to focus more on translation, writing and fluency when speaking.
However as Im not really sure on the exact layout it would be best to visit us during one of the applicant days and ask everything you want to know! Or email them :smile: If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending