Historically accurate and Factual tv/movies

Watch
IsmaelD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In our history GCSE we are learning The Development of USA 1930-2000, Germany in transition 1919-1947, Russia in transition 1905-1924.

I have a full written revision timetable but during breaks I would like to keep learning and revising but in an inactive way and through a format which is interesting and modern. I was hoping during breaks between revision I could relax by watching a show which portrays key themes and/or events during these periods, yet aren't just documentaries.

Any Ideas?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IsmaelD)
In our history GCSE we are learning The Development of USA 1930-2000, Germany in transition 1919-1947, Russia in transition 1905-1924.
I have a full written revision timetable but during breaks I would like to keep learning and revising but in an inactive way and through a format which is interesting and modern. I was hoping during breaks between revision I could relax by watching a show which portrays key themes and/or events during these periods, yet aren't just documentaries.
Any Ideas?
USA Civil Rights: Mississippi burning, The Butler, Selma, Malcolm X, Panther. Eyes on the prize - [documentary but brilliant].
USA Vietnam: Hearts and Minds - [documentary but brilliant]. Cambodia: The Killing Fields.
Germany: Hitler - the rise of evil.
Hope this helps. You're best asking your teacher (but don't go into depth), ask them if they know any good films.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
35.95%
No (80)
52.29%
I don't know (18)
11.76%

Watched Threads