The Student Room Group

would really appreciate a bit of help! :)

Hi Guys!I am new here, so please do bare with me. I am currently juggling ideas for my research dissertation - I am certain I want to focus on the 'normalisation' of drug use. However, I am undecided as to what drug/drugs I should focus on. I quite like the idea of 'cognitive enhancing drugs'. There is very little research on such a thing - so would be good for originality. My question is - how common are these drugs. I understand ethically that people are no going to openly admit to using these, I am just hoping for some insight as to whether you think this would be a good topic to cover. I myself am not aware of any peers using these, however, I am on the understanding that students do?So I guess what I am asking is - is anyone aware of such things taken?Thanks in advance!
Original post by hull.1993
Hi Guys!I am new here, so please do bare with me. I am currently juggling ideas for my research dissertation - I am certain I want to focus on the 'normalisation' of drug use. However, I am undecided as to what drug/drugs I should focus on. I quite like the idea of 'cognitive enhancing drugs'. There is very little research on such a thing - so would be good for originality. My question is - how common are these drugs. I understand ethically that people are no going to openly admit to using these, I am just hoping for some insight as to whether you think this would be a good topic to cover. I myself am not aware of any peers using these, however, I am on the understanding that students do?So I guess what I am asking is - is anyone aware of such things taken?Thanks in advance!

I think this could be an interesting subject - it's definitely something that's topical at the moment.

What kind of research are you planning to do?
I don't think they actually exist.
Reply 3
Thanks puddle the monkey! I am hoping to conduct around 200 questionnaires to students. They do exist i am just unsure how popular they are ")
Original post by hull.1993
Thanks puddle the monkey! I am hoping to conduct around 200 questionnaires to students. They do exist i am just unsure how popular they are ":wink:

Well I guess finding out how popular they are/how many people have heard of them is your first port of call. :beard:

Once you've got your questionnaire set up you can make a post in the surveys & research forum which should help you get responses :h:
Reply 5
Thank you very much.
I have had mixed responses- some have heard some have not. Some have even being offered them. This gives me the insight to definetyl pursue the research.

Thanks again ")
Original post by cole-slaw
I don't think they actually exist.

They don't exist in the sense that there's no drug you can take which is going to make your smarter :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending