The Student Room Group

Oxford Law Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cf99
I'm a fellow law with German law interviewee!! How are you preparing? :smile:

Which College? I speak fluent German so I'm ok on that front, and I'm just preparing as if it was straight law. I still need to finish some of the books I mentioned in my personal statement, and my school organised some mock interviews for us
Original post by LoveToArgue
Anyone else have an interview for Univ? :smile:

Interview for Univ as well! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Seahorse1209
Which College? I speak fluent German so I'm ok on that front, and I'm just preparing as if it was straight law. I still need to finish some of the books I mentioned in my personal statement, and my school organised some mock interviews for us

Christ church and yeah same I'm a native speaker
Still haven't found any other Worcester law interviewees :frown:
Original post by Drinky97
Ah the LNAT... Seems like so long ago...
I've got an interview from Worcester :smile:

My best friend does Jurisprudence at Worcester College... In all fairness I'm at Worcester too and all the lawyers are lovely. A friend just got a training contract for Clifford Chance ☺️
Found some informative stats on past year law admissions!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/m100_ba_jurisprudence_admissions
Original post by colourtheory
My best friend does Jurisprudence at Worcester College... In all fairness I'm at Worcester too and all the lawyers are lovely. A friend just got a training contract for Clifford Chance ☺️

That's awesome! Nice to hear someone say good things as not met and Worcester law students or applicants yet :smile: - ooh Clifford Chance well done!
Original post by Tabbitha505
same!! applied to lincoln though for the main reason it looked nice

Yeah it looks lovely I've also read the food is great which is always a plus :')
Original post by JoClo
I've got an Interview at St Edmund Hall, going to plough through the devil's advocate before my interview :wink:

Btw Applying2skool how did you get that 40% figure on the website it says 48%

Hey, sorry about that! I vaguely remembered the stat :P
So you're right, 48-49% of Law applicants get shortlisted, and 45% of Law with Law studies in Europe get shortlisted.
Guys, what do we do about prep? I really don't know where to start, besides reading my SOP :s-smilie:
Original post by neevadesai
Guys, what do we do about prep? I really don't know where to start, besides reading my SOP :s-smilie:

Sorry if this is naive but what is a SOP? 😂 Is it like a personal statement?
Original post by Drinky97
Sorry if this is naive but what is a SOP? 😂 Is it like a personal statement?

Hehe, yes, excuse my colloquial jargon xD

Statement of purpose = personal statement :P
Hehe, yes, excuse my colloquial jargon xD

Statement of purpose = personal statement :P

Haha no worries just panicking I had forgotten something 😂
I'm going over everything too... Got a mock interview on Friday. What college are you invited to?
Heheh, got one on thursday! Who're you doing your mocks with? Trinity College, you? Are you from the UK? I'm worried about ridiculous things too, like how cold its going to be :P
Who else has an interview at St Catz? :smile:
Heheh, got one on thursday! Who're you doing your mocks with? Trinity College, you? Are you from the UK? I'm worried about ridiculous things too, like how cold its going to be :P

my head of year is doing my mocks! im having my interviews at worcester - and yes im British born and bred! pm me if you have any questions about the uk :biggrin:

and yes it is cold haha where are you from?
Reply 36
anyone get an interview at oriel?
Reply 37
Is it just me who's thinking more about everything else than the actual interviews? Like what to pack and what we'll be doing in our free time, and the food haha. Obviously I'm thinking about the interviews, but I'm still in the more excited than nervous phase atm :smile:
Original post by LoveToArgue
Anyone else have an interview for Univ? :smile:

I got shorltisted for Univ. International student here, I have so many questions. Anybody want to practice mock interviewing together by skype? let me know :smile:
interview at christ church for law with german law but not native, so quite worried about the test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending