Mocks: Too late to start revising????

Watch
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi i have only got a week until my gcse mocks start.
I have tried to revise but i have been doing so much coursework and just been so busy!
Is it possible to still revise for all 15 of my exams and come out with As and A*s?
i am expected to get really high grades and am SO scared of letting everyone down.
Any advice from people who have done their gcse mocks or from as/a level students would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!
username1801065
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it's never too late to learn/revise as long as you give it your all. I've got my mocks next week, and don't want to let anyone down either
samina_ay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's too late man, those A*'s are completely out of reach.
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by alishba-rosex)
it's never too late to learn/revise as long as you give it your all. I've got my mocks next week, and don't want to let anyone down either
Thank you for your kind words! Good luck in your mocks!
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's never too late to do something. You might not get the exact grades you want but any revision will help a bit, and ultimately these are only mocks so as long as you learn from this and revise earlier for the real exams then try not to stress too much!
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by samina_ay)
It's too late man, those A*'s are completely out of reach.
Really? This is freaking me out...
tallguy777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
stop worrying, when you reach a levels that's when you should start worrying. You wont get A*s but if you manage A's and B's which I believe you can do, that should be suffice.
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by LiquidGold)
It's never too late to do something. You might not get the exact grades you want but any revision will help a bit, and ultimately these are only mocks so as long as you learn from this and revise earlier for the real exams then try not to stress too much!
Thank you for your inspiring reply. i guess its not that bad, you can learn from it...
out of interest, are you doing your gcses?
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by tallguy777)
stop worrying, when you reach a levels that's when you should start worrying. You wont get A*s but if you manage A's and B's which I believe you can do, that should be suffice.
How much harder are a levels compared to gcses?
Are they 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times harder compared to gcses?
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sunshine774)
Thank you for your inspiring reply. i guess its not that bad, you can learn from it...
out of interest, are you doing your gcses?
Haha no! I'm a third year university student but i do remember doing them back in the day 😉
Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you won't do as badly as you expect
username1801065
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you for your kind words! Good luck in your mocks!

Aw thank you as well, hope you do well too & achieve the grades you need
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I don't know why people are saying it's okay now - GCSEs are getting harder, more prep is needed etc, hence why mocks are so early now...I swear mocks used to be in January for many of us when we were doing GCSEs (and the most part of us were doing modular exams too, which took the pressure off).

You should get into good habits of studying now to make the workload you face later on seem not so much.

Good luck
sunshine774
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=LiquidGold;60825493]Haha no! I'm a third year university student but i do remember doing them back in the day 😉
Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you won't do as badly as you expect

Thanks for the good luck. x
Good luck at uni!
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
I don't know why people are saying it's okay now - GCSEs are getting harder, more prep is needed etc, hence why mocks are so early now...I swear mocks used to be in January for many of us when we were doing GCSEs (and the most part of us were doing modular exams too, which took the pressure off).

You should get into good habits of studying now to make the workload you face later on seem not so much.

Good luck
Thanks, the advice is really helpful!
enyaajohns
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I personally don't think it's too late to start, make sure you don't get overstessed about them! And also don't doubt yourself
tallguy777
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How much harder are a levels compared to gcses?
Are they 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times harder compared to gcses?

Take your chemistry guide, biology guide, physics guide and maths guide and tape them all together.

What you have there is the equivalent of half a years content for ONE subject, imagine having that multiplied by 4 for the entire course PLUS the content for another TWO subjects.

Yes it is a lot harder especially because im doing physics maths history and Eng lit. The teachers rush through entire modules in a day and you expected to know everything. I study everyday yet im still none the wiser.
issathemuslim1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i left my revision till the last week for my mocks, i got 7 A* and 4 As but i got whipped, so you'll probably fail bro
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by issathemuslim1)
i left my revision till the last week for my mocks, i got 7 A* and 4 As but i got whipped, so you'll probably fail bro
WOW SUCH GOOD GRADES WITH ONLY ONE WEEK REVISION!
How did you do it???
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi i have only got a week until my gcse mocks start.
I have tried to revise but i have been doing so much coursework and just been so busy!
Is it possible to still revise for all 15 of my exams and come out with As and A*s?
i am expected to get really high grades and am SO scared of letting everyone down.
Any advice from people who have done their gcse mocks or from as/a level students would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!
I started revising for mocks approximately 10 minutes before they started.

Seriously, don't fret. If anything, it's better to not revise, cuz then you know what you need to work on
sunshine774
Rep:
?
(Original post by tallguy777)
Take your chemistry guide, biology guide, physics guide and maths guide and tape them all together.

What you have there is the equivalent of half a years content for ONE subject, imagine having that multiplied by 4 for the entire course PLUS the content for another TWO subjects.

Yes it is a lot harder especially because im doing physics maths history and Eng lit. The teachers rush through entire modules in a day and you expected to know everything. I study everyday yet im still none the wiser.
Great. I have so much to look forward to next year...
I am thinking of taking physics and maths. in your opinion, are they good subjects to take?
are they harder than other a level subjects?
are they interesting? (i think gcse physics is AWFUL.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads