tallguy777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing A levels at the moment with a target grade A in all the subjects I am studying (Physics, Maths, History, English Literature).
Although, I know it is for schools to decide whether or not we do have mock exams for this year, how are you doing first of all and have you started revising yet?
rahim.mughal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am only taking two AS Levels at my Sixth-form which are Business and ICT. I am also doing AS Maths as an external candidate at my Sixth-form. Yep I started in August :L
Sayless
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Started revising in September, almost finished revision, have 2 exams which I'm not very confident in so i'm focussing on them and doing coursework atm, i'm studying Maths, ICT, and business at A2 but resitting 3 AS exams
tallguy777
Rep:
?
Ya see I started on day 1, I've been making notes already for my exams but because i've been doing this instead of practice, I feel like I still know nothing
tallguy777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sayless)
Started revising in September, almost finished revision, have 2 exams which I'm not very confident in so i'm focussing on them and doing coursework atm, i'm studying Maths, ICT, and business at A2 but resitting 3 AS exams
What exactly do you do to study maths? I stole the class exercise book to use for question practice and have a cgp revision guide i transfer notes from into a notepad. For some reason though I forget everything I taught myself after a week :/
Sayless
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tallguy777)
What exactly do you do to study maths? I stole the class exercise book to use for question practice and have a cgp revision guide i transfer notes from into a notepad. For some reason though I forget everything I taught myself after a week :/
I go through the textbook each chapter at a time and do the mixed exercise at the end of each chapter for all of the chapters. After I've got all the mixed exercise questions correct I do a past paper to find gaps in my knowledge, then if I make a mistake I go back to that chapter and do the specific exercise and redo it then I keep doing past papers each 2-3 days until I only make unlucky mistakes with notation. Then I do past papers once every week in timed exam conditions and mark them myself and review what I get wrong. This is what I do for my C3 unit.

For C1 I'm resitting so I just do a past paper a week, for M1 I'm resitting I go through the revision exercises int he revision textbook one at a time until i've done them all then i'll spam past papers. For D1 I did mixed exercises then like 5 past papers now I know it all quite well so I'm doing a past paper a week for that one. Then learning C4 atm in class so I just go over what we do in class and will be doing mixed exercies for the units covered in my own time.

I put all notes I make and past papers into a folder in chronological order. I also did an online course on studying which really helped me, I recommend doing a lot of textbook questions and knowing every chapter then doing past papers to find gaps, then rinse and repeat etc.

I managed to get a C in AS by cramming but this year I'm actually been smart about revision to pull it up to an A
pereira325
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My school makes us have mock exams for our AS choices every 6 weeks. So I had a mock a few weeks back... got another set of mocks next week. Yay! It's a bunch of extra work. Got maths, Fmaths, Economics and gov and pol. In maths.. just literally do all the questions in the book. Especially in mechanics. I'm like too tired to care about what happens really. I don't have time (literally) for dedicated pure revision time. That is how much homework I get . Hope my brain remember all the shiz i'm doing lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (111)
40.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.58%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.63%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.68%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.93%

Watched Threads