Will a top russel group uni would accept me

Watch this thread
Kai Diawara
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
for my GCSE's I got 1A* 6A and 2B. I really want to study mechanical engineering or physics at a top university. however, I realised that my gcses does not even come close to other applicants on tsr. I am predicted 3a's and a b for as maths, f.maths, physics and chemistry(respectively) , but will my gcses hold me back?
alexkol
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kai Diawara)
for my GCSE's I got 1A* 6A and 2B. I really want to study mechanical engineering or physics at a top university. however, I realised that my gcses does not even come close to other applicants on tsr. I am predicted 3a's and a b for as maths, f.maths, physics and chemistry(respectively) , but will my gcses hold me back?
Yeah of course...there are a lot of Russel Group Unis that offer Mechanical Engineering degrees even with ABB...
jlsmpV2
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nope sorry, I heard KFC is hiring though, you might get in
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Get those AS grades and you will be able to study mech eng/physics at a top uni! Stay focused, good luck
vbreak2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yea you can, I got 1A* 7as and 1B. and I have an unconditional offer from one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads