The Student Room Group

Dropping an AS now and picking another one up in Year 13

Currently I'm taking Maths, Geography, Chemistry and Physics and I really enjoy the first three and feel that I understand them. However, I'm having trouble with Physics. The teachers confuse me and things I would count as easy in Maths are becoming really difficult in Physics because I don't understand the concepts behind them. My Maths teachers wanted me to start Further Maths now and drop a subject, however this is in the same block as Geography so I wouldn't be able to do to all the lessons and I know that he is being a bit optimistic saying I could stat now when the class has already finished a module so I'd be behind to start off with.

I want to go to a top university (like Cambridge or a Russell Group like Southampton, Exeter, York) but I'm not sure I will be able to get above a B (and thats going to be really hard work) in Physics. If I were to drop it now and take Further Maths AS next year would that affect my UCAS application or do they like 4 ASs in year 12. By the time I leave in Year 13 I would have 4 ASs and 3 A levels but would it be too late at that point.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest