The Student Room Group

Nursing interview, help please!

I wanted to ask what sort of articles or news I should read in preparation for the interview, I know they have to be nursing related but its kind of hard finding articles. I need some inspiration on what to search, If anyone knows, please let me know. Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!! x
Original post by titan1990
I wanted to ask what sort of articles or news I should read in preparation for the interview, I know they have to be nursing related but its kind of hard finding articles. I need some inspiration on what to search, If anyone knows, please let me know. Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!! x

The BBC news health section is pretty comprehensive for things relating to health, there's also the Nursing Times website, or you could pick up a copy of the Nursing Times or the Nursing Standard from most large newsagents.
Reply 2
Thank you! I hadn't thought of buying the nursing times or nursing standard. Can you buy them anywhere or just in big newsagents?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I hadn't thought of buying the nursing times or nursing standard. Can you buy them anywhere or just in big newsagents?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's usually the bigger newsagents in town centres that you can pick them up in, or in hospital shops. Otherwise you could subscribe, but I wouldn't recommend subscribing until you get on a course tbh.
Reply 4

Thank you!!! x

i had my interview 2 weeks ago for adult nursing and i had the results 3 days ago, luckily i have been offered a place ! but it depends on the university you re in and how many people apply, i had been prepared for nhs and the news but i never got asked anything besides senarios based on customers and things about myself and why do i want to be a nurse. but again you should prepare just in case they do ask you tjose questions. nursing times and bbc are the ones i had been reading. and not too much information you should know one or two kost recent news about nhs and nurses and that should be enoigh to discuss. they only want to see that you know whats happening around and that you are prepared. they dont actually want to hear the news from you 😅 i only had about 4 questions on my interview which lasted 15 minutes. but that varies depending on how the interview goes. other students i know had a 40 minute interview and they passed too. so my idea of what they are looking is a sensible person with a good heart. just be yourself .good luck
Reply 5
Original post by mailo
i had my interview 2 weeks ago for adult nursing and i had the results 3 days ago, luckily i have been offered a place ! but it depends on the university you re in and how many people apply, i had been prepared for nhs and the news but i never got asked anything besides senarios based on customers and things about myself and why do i want to be a nurse. but again you should prepare just in case they do ask you tjose questions. nursing times and bbc are the ones i had been reading. and not too much information you should know one or two kost recent news about nhs and nurses and that should be enoigh to discuss. they only want to see that you know whats happening around and that you are prepared. they dont actually want to hear the news from you 😅 i only had about 4 questions on my interview which lasted 15 minutes. but that varies depending on how the interview goes. other students i know had a 40 minute interview and they passed too. so my idea of what they are looking is a sensible person with a good heart. just be yourself .good luck

Congrats for getting an offer!! Thank you so much for telling me that, my interview is tomorrow and it has really boosted my confidence :smile:))

Thank you.
Reply 6
Original post by mailo
make eye contact and look confident throughout the interview. when you walk in smile and handshake them. handshake them after the interview too. answer your questions and dont panic they want to see people that are communicative and fluent. read the nurses job role. that a question they will definitely ask. and say as much as you can. do not forget the basic care of a nurse which is clean the patients feed them and assist them to the toilet. by saying her role it shows you know what you ll be doing as a nurse. say the same things even if they ask what do you think a student nurse does? answer same as to what a nurse does. because as a student you should carry out under supervision the same jobs as the nurse....be honest and friendly. try to mention the words 'communication and use the 6 Cs whenever possible . good luck 😉☺

Thank you so much! I passed the interview and have been given a conditional offer. I wanted to ask....I have more 3 universities that I am waiting to do tests and hopefully interviews for, after having met the conditions, of this university. Can I wait until I have had a decision from all of my uni choices and then respond to the offers or is there usually a deadline?

Reply 7
Thank you so much! I passed the interview and have been given a conditional offer. I wanted to ask....I have more 3 universities that I am waiting to do tests and hopefully interviews for, after having met the conditions, of this university. Can I wait until I have had a decision from all of my uni choices and then respond to the offers or is there usually a deadline?

congratulations on passing! yes you can wait until you have all interviews and then reply. i think you can check online on ucas it says there when the deadline is. mine is may 2016 but i already replied on mine. make sure to think carefully which one you want as i think once you accept one the other choices get declined automatically. ... but as long as you choose your favourite one it should be fine then. x
Reply 8
Ok, thank you for your advice! It's very helpful :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest