The Student Room Group

Can I change my A-level?

Good evening,

So I have gotten myself into a mess. Up to about a week ago, I was sure that taking French will increase my chance of getting into LSE. But my mum has phoned them and they said that having a science is better for your application. Now I have considered taking chemistry instead but decided on biology because I find the content straight forward and score easy A*s. It's also very interesting and I found this Human Sciences course in Oxford that I could possibly do if I had gone off economics (my current amibition).
Therefore, I would like to change the French to Biology. I have sent 2 applications via UCAS last Friday and they were acknowledged but no respose yet; one of them was to my school's sixth form. I am about to send another one in but on paper to the college directly. Can I chose Biology in that application even though I picked French in the two other ones? To let you guys know, this college to which I'm giving a paper form would be my first choice.
Also, can I somehow change that French on my other application forms on UCAS, or do I need to wait until the interview and then explain myself? And will they be okay with it? I have an A prediced in core and additional science (2nd set) and B in French but aiming higher...
I have asked one person whose daughter went to my frist choice and she says that you can definitely switch. But I need to be sure. Have any of you been in a similar situation?

Thank you so much everyone for your time.
Reply 1
Yes, I give you permission to change it
Original post by KaraNovv
Good evening,

So I have gotten myself into a mess. Up to about a week ago, I was sure that taking French will increase my chance of getting into LSE. But my mum has phoned them and they said that having a science is better for your application. Now I have considered taking chemistry instead but decided on biology because I find the content straight forward and score easy A*s. It's also very interesting and I found this Human Sciences course in Oxford that I could possibly do if I had gone off economics (my current amibition).
Therefore, I would like to change the French to Biology. I have sent 2 applications via UCAS last Friday and they were acknowledged but no respose yet; one of them was to my school's sixth form. I am about to send another one in but on paper to the college directly. Can I chose Biology in that application even though I picked French in the two other ones? To let you guys know, this college to which I'm giving a paper form would be my first choice.
Also, can I somehow change that French on my other application forms on UCAS, or do I need to wait until the interview and then explain myself? And will they be okay with it? I have an A prediced in core and additional science (2nd set) and B in French but aiming higher...
I have asked one person whose daughter went to my frist choice and she says that you can definitely switch. But I need to be sure. Have any of you been in a similar situation?

Hey,

sorry I cant help you but I want to change sixth forms and want to know how to do it through UCAS. Could you please tell me how to do it or send me a link or something please because I cant find it on the UCAS website.

Thankyou x
Original post by KaraNovv
Good evening,

UCAS PRogress FAQ (at
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/16-18-choices/help-and-support/ucas-progress-frequently-asked-questions#FAQ%2015 ) says:

"You cannot edit your application once it has been submitted. However if you want to change your courses or update your profile you can withdraw the application and send another one, or send the provider a message on your application page detailing the changes you would like to make. Check with the provider before doing this to make sure they are still accepting applications."

Quick Reply

Latest