For exams in psychology are they essay based??? please helppp
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 9091student)
For exams in psychology are they essay based??? please helppp
Not heavily, no. There is at least one 12 mark essay in each exam normally. I'm doing Edexcel Psychology; there was a 12 marker in each of my AS exams, and in my A2 exams there will be two 12 markers in the 1st exam, one 12 marker and one 18 marker in the second (though, for the 18 marker, 6 marks is for spelling, grammar etc,)

But these essays are nothing like the ones you'd write for, for example, History or English Literature.
9091student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles2)
Not heavily, no. There is at least one 12 mark essay in each exam normally. I'm doing Edexcel Psychology; there was a 12 marker in each of my AS exams, and in my A2 exams there will be two 12 markers in the 1st exam, one 12 marker and one 18 marker in the second (though, for the 18 marker, 6 marks is for spelling, grammar etc,)

But these essays are nothing like the ones you'd write for, for example, History or English Literature.
Thanks for replyin What would be like a typical 12 mark or 18 mark question?
beyknowles2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for replyin What would be like a typical 12 mark or 18 mark question?
On my board (Edexcel) the 12 marker is normally always Describe and evaluate X, with X being a study, theory, treatment etc.

The 18 marker is a synoptic essay and varies, from application in Psychology to research methods. Can be anything
9091student
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles2)
On my board (Edexcel) the 12 marker is normally always Describe and evaluate X, with X being a study, theory, treatment etc.

The 18 marker is a synoptic essay and varies, from application in Psychology to research methods. Can be anything
if you put the hard work in to learn all the material will it still be relatively hard to get a top grade in it?
beyknowles2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if you put the hard work in to learn all the material will it still be relatively hard to get a top grade in it?
No. This year at A2 I'm just writing an essay after each topic we cover (i.e. after each study, theory, treatment etc - normally one thing per lesson), I'm learning these and I've been getting full marks in tests
carli97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing psychology with AQA.
AS you get 1/2 essay questions on each paper (there are 2 papers), which are 12 markers.
Currently I'm doing A2. And the essay questions are 24 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.28%
No (213)
32.72%

Watched Threads