The Student Room Group

Computer Science (including any joint schools) applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Oriel for Computer Science with Philosophy. Thought I got around 50-60 on the MAT but thought that in conjunction with my GCSE and AS results and considering the low number of female applicants, I would at least be invited for an interview. But alas I was rejected pre interview. Makes no sense, and I'm purely devastated.
Reply 21
Original post by Mathlete2198
I applied to Oriel for Computer Science with Philosophy. Thought I got around 50-60 on the MAT but thought that in conjunction with my GCSE and AS results and considering the low number of female applicants, I would at least be invited for an interview. But alas I was rejected pre interview. Makes no sense, and I'm purely devastated.

I'm sorry they rejected you. Honestly I feel as though this whole process is a bit of a gamble and half the time the wrong people get sent away!

From one female Computer Science with Philosophy student to other I wish you all the luck in the world. You go to another uni and show them what they missed out on :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Dumbledoge
Hey how are you guys preparing for the interview!? I'm struggling to find many resources :frown:

I can't be of much help really.... I'm struggling too!
To be honest, I think the most important thing is remembering that this isn't the end all and be all. I'm just going to make sure I feel confident and happy going up. I want to enjoy my experience and let what happens happen :smile:

Quick Reply