I do, this afternoon! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeh me too...

what time is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Pablo~)
    yeh me too...

what time is yours?
    1.30 ... haven't done any revision yet. I just started going through some past papers ... you?

ReputationRep:
    yeah mine is 1.30 aswell.

have not done any revision for it... not really bothered about french though, i put all of my effort into spanish as i will be taking that next year. french angers me. lol.

i'm probably going to find this exam hard... haha

is everyone doing AQA french higher doing it at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    what do you have to get at your school to take it for A level? It is B at my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Pablo~)
    what do you have to get at your school to take it for A level? It is B at my school.

Yeh I think its about a B in my school too, I'm not entirely sure though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any revision.. not that much that you can do really! You don't know what they're going to throw at you.. though I need to do well to make up for me doing crap in the listening exam, and speaking the odd Russian word in the oral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomNotts)
    I haven't done any revision.. not that much that you can do really! You don't know what they're going to throw at you.. though I need to do well to make up for me doing crap in the listening exam, and speaking the odd Russian word in the oral

My oral was really good but I think I messed up the Listening, so I have to do well in this to pull my grade back up.

ReputationRep:
    lol, my coursework went ok, and i was very pleased with my oral, disappointed about the listening but i think i will need to get near top marks to be in contention of getting an A.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, well if quite a few people found the listening difficult, hopefully they will push the grade boundaries down ... fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    yeah, hopefully the boundaries will go down a little bit..

any key words you got what might be useful today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Hehe, well if quite a few people found the listening difficult, hopefully they will push the grade boundaries down ... fingers crossed
    Generally at my school the consensus was that the AQA Higher French Listening was rather easy.

ReputationRep:
    Well now that I've done it ... looks like I've failed

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think it was that bad. i hate those cartoon questions though. sometimes you understand the french but putting them in order is just confusing. o and i mixed up hug and kiss but apart from that it was ok/

ReputationRep:
    hi i just did the aqa gcse french reading. i thot it was ok but there were parts of it which were quite testing such as placing the cartoon strip in order oops dont think i got that!

also what did you say for who was stephanie? i said she was his sister i dont know if thats right or not?!

in general most of our school thot it was quie hard, i can see the boundaries being quite low this year (i hope)!

ReputationRep:
    last year there were about 170,000 pupils doing AQA french gcse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychick)
    hi i just did the aqa gcse french reading. i thot it was ok but there were parts of it which were quite testing such as placing the cartoon strip in order oops dont think i got that!

also what did you say for who was stephanie? i said she was his sister i dont know if thats right or not?!

in general most of our school thot it was quie hard, i can see the boundaries being quite low this year (i hope)!
    It was harder than the listening, and annoyingly I thought the hardest questions appeared dotted throughout and not just at the end.

I wrote that Stephanie was his Sister but it didn't say in the text.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I also wrote that Stephanie was his sister, but that was a guess and I didn't see anything in the text correlating to that.

What 3 things did you put for the very last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeh I also wrote that Stephanie was his sister, but that was a guess and I didn't see anything in the text correlating to that.

What 3 things did you put for the very last question?
    I put:

She danced with a boy for 2 hours

She hugged him in front of her parents

And I made up the last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I put:

She hugged him in front of her parents

And I made up the last one.

Oh, I put:

She was drunk
    Her parents embarrassed her

I just made them up (except for the first one)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.