Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone have AQA Higher GCSE Reading Today? watch

ReputationRep:
    I put that it was his sister as well. I also said that sophie was drunk at the wedding but thats probably totally wrong! I can now picture the marker peeing himself with laughter when he sees it (providing its wrong).

Anyway, this is my first post so: hi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    I put that it was his sister as well. I also said that sophie was drunk at the wedding but thats probably totally wrong! I can now picture the marker peeing himself with laughter when he sees it (providing its wrong).

Anyway, this is my first post so: hi!
    Hi, and well done on your choice of thread for your first post

ReputationRep:
    was it hug or kiss? i put kiss i think, oh well. Thought the test was quite good. The 2nd question i quite struggled with and had to make up. But the rest i had a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    i got sister too, but it didnt specifically say she was his sister i just assumed.

ReputationRep:
    it was kiss but i put hug. it just sounds so much like embrace. damn the french with their stupid language. or maybe damn us seeing as they were here first.

ReputationRep:
    ah cool i also said she had a bit to drink.

What was everyones answer for what he wants his parents not to do?

ReputationRep:
    Did I do the wrong paper or something cuz on my paper there were questions about school, the girl who complained about TV, the racism one and the resolutions and the paper you are talking about seems different to mine.

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys do modular? Cos I'm starting to get worried...

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are doing french with aqa...it may be ocr or something. No, i didnt do modular....(even though i kinda dont know what that is)

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA French module 4 reading and there weren't any qu's about what you guys are talking about. I also did the writing straight afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    i put:
    she had had a bit to drink
    she danced with a boy for 2 hours
    she was embarassed to say good bye to him
    i couldnt do the question about motorbikes though i was pleased with the cartoon strip coz normally i cant do those n i think i did it quite well today. i found it much easier than the french listening - i found the listening so much harder than the practise listenings i have done! anyway now i have finsihed french! yipeee! unless i take it for a level tht is!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol)
    I did AQA French module 4 reading and there weren't any qu's about what you guys are talking about. I also did the writing straight afterwards.
    This is all about the Linear Paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather2)
    i put:
    she had had a bit to drink
    she danced with a boy for 2 hours
    she was embarassed to say good bye to him
    i couldnt do the question about motorbikes though i was pleased with the cartoon strip coz normally i cant do those n i think i did it quite well today. i found it much easier than the french listening - i found the listening so much harder than the practise listenings i have done! anyway now i have finsihed french! yipeee! unless i take it for a level tht is!
    xxx
    the bit about motorbikes was easy!!!!

i thought that the next to the last question was quite hard, i put that stephanie was his sister as well!!! That cartoon strip was easy, though it looked a bit wierd, it was about an adoption agency was it and he wanted to meet his parents?????Just a guess

I thought it was harder than the listening test (although i did foundation for listening!!!!)

I hope that the grade boundaries will be lower, although you don't really need high marks in the higher reading exam to get a C grade!!!! My coursework went well, 39/60 i got but i had to do another piece of coursework to replace my worst one (i got 16/20 for that coursework which boosted my mark to a solid C grade!!!!), did really well in my speaking test, i did the higher questions which were easy!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Browny)
    the bit about motorbikes was easy!!!!

I hope that the grade boundaries will be lower, although you don't really need high marks in the higher reading exam to get a C grade!!!!
    What were the answers for the motorbikes question? I thought that was the most difficult part!

Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were last year?

ReputationRep:
    can't remember soz but i remember the first one was quatorze ans!!!!

ReputationRep:
    28/45 for an A * last year incase you were woundering. Got it from the aqa website.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...ound-sum03.pdf

theres the boundaries for most things i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingo)
    28/45 for an A * last year incase you were woundering. Got it from the aqa website.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...ound-sum03.pdf

theres the boundaries for most things i think

Thankyou

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.