The Student Room Group

Interview for Cardiff Met PGCE lower primary.

Scroll to see replies

I had an interview for Cardiff Met on 1st Dec, still waiting to hear back! I hope it won't be long! was anyone told how long it would be until they will let us know? :smile:
Original post by Gonthxx
Was it just me or was that tough? Haha X

No I thought it was brutal. Found the numeracy really hard. Really doubt I got a space :frown: x
Original post by Jen Hawkins
I had an interview for Cardiff Met on 1st Dec, still waiting to hear back! I hope it won't be long! was anyone told how long it would be until they will let us know? :smile:

I had mine yesterday they said they are aiming to reply by the end of the week because of Christmas. X

That's a long time to wait! I had an interview in Swansea and heard back from them 2 days later. I was meant to be in Cardiff same day as you but I withdrew my application from there. Hope you hear soon.
Reply 24
I was shocked at how many people Cardiff actually interview! X
Original post by Gonthxx
I was shocked at how many people Cardiff actually interview! X

How many people were there?
Original post by magicmaiden
How many people were there?

Must've been at least 100-150, do you know if the place is fully dependant on the tests? X
Original post by Taylorxjamesx
Must've been at least 100-150, do you know if the place is fully dependant on the tests? X

I hope not, the English one was the hardest for me!x
I hope not, the English one was the hardest for me!x

I left out half the maths I was gutted! X
Reply 29
There was about 70 people on Wednesday and thats not the only interview day so we are competing for 60? Places out of about 300 people.....
Reply 30
Has anyone heard anything?
Original post by Gonthxx

Nope nothing yet! have you?
Original post by Taylorxjamesx

I've no idea sorry. Might be worth getting in touch with Cardiff to see what they say. What were the tests like? Were they like the examples they referred to on their website/interview letters?
Original post by Gonthxx

No 😭😭😭😭 I literally checked my emails all day yesterday even tho I knew it wouldn't be. I've been up an hour and have checked 9 times lmao. I found one of the lecturers twitters and she's been tweeting this morning and I just wanted to ask her lol! x
I had my Cardiff interview on the Monday and am still waiting to hear even though they said by the end of the week but I know they had interviews on the Wednesday. But on the powerpoint it said 2-4 weeks. so if we don't hear it will be after Christmas.
Original post by NatWiley21
I had my Cardiff interview on the Monday and am still waiting to hear even though they said by the end of the week but I know they had interviews on the Wednesday. But on the powerpoint it said 2-4 weeks. so if we don't hear it will be after Christmas.

We had ours Wednesday and I believe it was the last before Christmas (I think) and she said we usually say 2-4 weeks but given Christmas, we are aiming to email all offers by the end of the week. :smile:
Had my interview for Upper Primary PGCE yest only about 30 people there. They said should hear before christmas!
Reply 37
Could be any time now then! Are there any cardiff interviews planned for January?
Original post by Gonthxx
Could be any time now then! Are there any cardiff interviews planned for January?

Not that I am aware of. A few weeks back someone in the department said ideally they didnt want interviews in Jan.
Reply 39
Ooooh that's interesting then, so really they should take down the course from UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending