The Student Room Group

Interview for Cardiff Met PGCE lower primary.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NatWiley21
We're you all on Wednesday? because I had mine on Monday, maybe there doing Monday first.

Nope mine was 1st December haha!
Reply 61
We're you all on Wednesday? because I had mine on Monday, maybe there doing Monday first.

I was in Wednesday but a girl in my interview group has an offer!

Yes Hun I think we all were. You're probably right. X
My frien who had her interview on the Wednesday has had an offer I just spoke to her on the phone!
Reply 64
Right now I think it's random... Unless it's when the applications came in or UCAS numbers
My frien who had her interview on the Wednesday has had an offer I just spoke to her on the phone!

I hate my life lol this is brutal x
Original post by Taylorxjamesx
I hate my life lol this is brutal x

It is Brutal!! I just messaged all the girls in my group, One got in, I didn't get in and the other three still haven't heard anything :/
and I was feeling a bit positive earlier but now I'm feeling really gutted :/
Reply 67
It is Brutal!! I just messaged all the girls in my group, One got in, I didn't get in and the other three still haven't heard anything :/
and I was feeling a bit positive earlier but now I'm feeling really gutted :/
same with my group, I haven't heard anything, a girl in my group has and the other two haven't heard anything either!
Reply 68
GUYS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. Ive finished my application just need to fill i REFERENCES bit i have one secured from my tutor and lecturer but i havent had a reply from a school i did work experience at in 2010. should i wait till presumably end of January to hear if theyll give me a refrence or put my second refrence as my most recent employer which was a department store. Alternatively i observed a teacher but it wasnt through the school she taught at, should i put her.PLEASE HELP
Original post by arwa44
GUYS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. Ive finished my application just need to fill i REFERENCES bit i have one secured from my tutor and lecturer but i havent had a reply from a school i did work experience at in 2010. should i wait till presumably end of January to hear if theyll give me a refrence or put my second refrence as my most recent employer which was a department store. Alternatively i observed a teacher but it wasnt through the school she taught at, should i put her.PLEASE HELP

Will the teacher you observed give you a reference? or be able to give you one?
Otherwise I would maybe just get one from your recent employer.
Original post by Gonthxx
same with my group, I haven't heard anything, a girl in my group has and the other two haven't heard anything either!

Surely they'll have finished for the day now :frown:
Reply 71

One would think so....
Reply 72

I used my uni tutor and my current employer. They ask you to bring a school reference about the experience to the interview so you could just take it with you then
Reply 73
I'm fed up with checking track now
Original post by Gonthxx
I'm fed up with checking track now

Same :frown:
Nothing here either (had interview thursday) maybe monday guys!
Reply 76

Yes she will. you see i applied to work at the school she teaches at but wasnt sucessful, so i contacted her personally and she said she would let me observe how she makes lesson plans and tutor kids at home. is the recent emplyer a really bad one?

Thank you so much for a reply xxxx

I don't know if this is helpful knowledge, or just disrupting any possible respite you might get from constantly checking UCAS this evening (but hopefully not the latter!) but I received my PGCE offer through track updating last week, and that was at about 9pm. I was really surprised because I had been obsessively checking track and had given up by half 5 because I presumed they wouldn't be working past then!

So don't give up hope for today just because of the time, because they seem to be working all hours in order to get offers out before Christmas!

(I should say that this wasn't for Cardiff Met, but I'm pretty sure all uni's will be working similar schedules at this time of year)
Reply 78
still waiting... you would think they would send all the offers out at the same time!
Original post by DarcyLily
I don't know if this is helpful knowledge, or just disrupting any possible respite you might get from constantly checking UCAS this evening (but hopefully not the latter!) but I received my PGCE offer through track updating last week, and that was at about 9pm. I was really surprised because I had been obsessively checking track and had given up by half 5 because I presumed they wouldn't be working past then!

So don't give up hope for today just because of the time, because they seem to be working all hours in order to get offers out before Christmas!

(I should say that this wasn't for Cardiff Met, but I'm pretty sure all uni's will be working similar schedules at this time of year)

Thanks so much for the info hun! Here's hoping!! I'm pretty adamant I don't have a space anyway as I found the maths test so hard! Just want closure lol. Congratulations on getting your place!!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending