University of York or Durham for postgrad?

Watch
HiMyNameIsBatty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm an American student who has applied for postgraduate programs in Heritage Management. I received unconditional offers from both York and Durham for the Fall of 2016 and I'm having tons of trouble deciding
Durham:
Pros:
slightly cheaper
more prestige esp for their archaeology dept
supposedly more employable
gorgeous campus and a world heritage site (relevant to the degree obviously)
Cons:
everyone compliments Durham on being a bit of a party school and while it doesn't bother me it's not a benefit
the colleges stress me out because I'm a very shy person so they could be a good or bad thing
York:
Pros:
also very prestigious as a school and within that dept
the heritage program had more interesting classes and I would be allowed to try out some practical conservation techniques (which is a separate degree that doesn't overlap at Durham)
I think I would like the laid back nature York has
Cons:
campus just isn't attractive to me
costs more money

If anyone has experience with either of these colleges or even this Heritage program I'd love to hear what you have to say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads