zweeden99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I am currently in year 12 and feel like I picked the wrong options. 2 of my options I really cannot see myself doing at A2 but obviously that leaves me with only two A2's which I don't want. So, my question is, do you reckon I could complete an AS and an A2 in psychology in year 13?
Thanks a lot
theperksofbeingnerdy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not really the done thing because it would be a lot of work for you, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. A lot of people carry on with all four AS subjects, so technically you would be doing the same amount of subjects as them. I guess it could be a problem for predicted grades because there would be nothing to base the predictions on apart from your classwork and any internal tests you do at school or college. Talk to the people at your college about it because some colleges are more willing than others to do things like that, as it's a bit unusual. You'd also have to be prepared to explain to universities why, and be very sure that you like psychology enough to do four exams in it. You might find that they won't let you do it because you would probably have only a few months to learn the AS content before moving on to the A2 stuff. I doubt you'd be able to learn the AS and A2 content simultaneously because you need the AS knowledge to build on for the A2 course, especially with the synoptic stuff, and this could potentially cause timetabling issues for your college. If you're sure that's what you want to do and what's best for you then I say give it a try, but if you do really well in the AS subjects you're dropping you need to be careful you don't end up swapping a subject you're really good at for a subject that you may not end up being so good at (no one knows how well they'll do in a subject until they're at least halfway through the course).
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep I've done it.
You have to be really determined though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (183)
58.65%
I don't have everything I need (129)
41.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed