The Student Room Group

feeling insecure

Basically, I've just started uni this year, and me and my boyfriend have gone to different unis. I miss him loads, but we make sure we always text each other, and he comes down to visit me, and when i go home on weekends i visit him too, cause he didnt move out. So thats all fine, even though i still miss him lots.

But i feel really insecure. His social life at uni is waaaay better than mine. He has tons of friends and knows lots of people.
Whereas it hasn't worked out as well for me. I have friends but not that many. He has loads! and he really loves his friends and enjoys uni.
I dont enjoy uni as much. I feel like i havent found my place yet and the uni im at is quite bland in terms of things to do, its not in a big city. He has lots of places to go in terms of restuarnts etc.
So when im talking to him he has lots to say about his friends and where he went that day. Hes always hanging out with groups of people. I do hang out with friends but not as much and then its the same people. I havent been able to branch out as much.

I dont know what to do :frown: i want to enjoy my uni experience too and im trying to be positive.
But it makes me sad. Hes got this whole new life which hes loving and im here just feeling like im not getting what i want out of life. It makes it hard to be happy and i dont want him to worry, But sometimes talking to him makes me feel more like that cause i feel more lost :frown:
sorry for the rant! but thanks for listening :heart::heart:
you'll find a way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending