46% in latest third year essay - Should I be worried?

Watch this thread
calum384
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all, I was recently handed back by latest piece of coursework and achieved an all-time low (grades regards) during my most important year. I have a 2:1 average so far and aiming to graduate with a 2:1 to go on to a masters. On top, the other two essays I have been given back have been 57% (although I have confident I will obtain at least 60% in the next half, and 68%). Should I be worried I obtained 46% in an essay for the first time only a handful of months before I graduate. Especially, as I want to continue to an MA.

Words of wisdom will be great! thanks
k8i
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
What did your feedback say? Can you speak to the person who marked the essay or your personal tutor for some guidance?
calum384
Rep:
(Original post by k8i)
What did your feedback say? Can you speak to the person who marked the essay or your personal tutor for some guidance?
I didn't really make much of an argument. (was on whether Russia should be considered an authoritarian state). Looking back, I do agree with the marker. It was poor, Im just surprised It was so bad, especially as I have never had a grade as bad (nowhere near that bad) before. I was doing two other essays inbetween this one. Could be that. And yes, I'm seeing my lecturer next week about it/next assignment. Just not sure if i should be worried/just move on and make your I do better next time
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Well how much was that essay worth of your overall grade? If it was worth a significant percentage you'll need to make extra effort to make up for it. If not then no I don't think you need to be worried, just don't let yourself do sloppy work again.
calum384
Rep:
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Well how much was that essay worth of your overall grade? If it was worth a significant percentage you'll need to make extra effort to make up for it. If not then no I don't think you need to be worried, just don't let yourself do sloppy work again.
It was 50% so although trying to achieve a 2:1 overall for this module may be a long shoot, but I aim to get as high as possble and I should get a good 2;1 on my other 2
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by calum384)
It was 50% so although trying to achieve a 2:1 overall for this module may be a long shoot, but I aim to get as high as possble and I should get a good 2;1 on my other 2
Well you'll need at least 73% in everything else in that module to scrape a 2:1. So good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (53)
26.77%
As I expected (65)
32.83%
Harder (72)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.04%

Watched Threads