The Student Room Group

American Studies Applicants 2016 Entry

Hi everyone,
I haven't seen this thread yet and thought I would start it off for us.
Was just wondering where people are applying and what kind of offers they are getting.
So far I've had 3 offers from
Nottingham: ABC/BBB
Essex:BBB
Hull: 280 points (200 points in 2 or more A Levels)
Predicted Grades:ABB
Still waiting for Birmingham and Sussex.
I'm currently studying Geography, History and Spanish.
May I ask how long it took for you to get your offer from Nottingham? I've applied for joint honours American Studies and History there, but I've not heard anything yet! Is yours pure American Studies? I've had an offer from UEA for ABB, but that's it!
I've also applied for American Studies at Sussex and History purely at Edinburgh and York (bit ambitious)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah its straight American Studies and think it took about 2 weeks maybe for Nottingham to reply but the other two only took about 3 days
Hi,
I've also applied for just American Studies- my predicted grades are AAB. I sent mine off about 2 weeks ago and so far I've received conditionals from Leicester (ABB) and Swansea (BBB).

I'm still waiting to hear from Birmingham, Manchester and Sussex. I'm so impatient though, I just wanna know haha
Reply 4
Do you know anyone else applying for American Studies? I'm the only one applying for it at my Sixth Form, it seems like a very niche subject.
I know someone doing Law with American Studies, but that's it, I guess it is pretty rare. I get quite a lot of people asking me what you do for an American studies degree and what job can I get
Reply 6
Me too I've realised a lot of people assume it's all about American history and I have to explain to them that it's a mixture of different things.
Just got an offer from Sussex, AAB! Have you hear anything from Birmingham yet?
Reply 8
Has anybody else applied for joint honours English and American studies?
Reply 9
Original post by _mollyrose
Just got an offer from Sussex, AAB! Have you hear anything from Birmingham yet?

I heard back yesterday they gave me an offer of ABB if I got an A in my EPQ, not heard from Sussex yet though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ah congrats, I'm sure you will hear from Sussex soon
Reply 11
Hopefully because then I'll have offers from all five universities and I can start thinking about which to make my firm and insurance.
Do you have a favourite for your firm choice?
Reply 13
I went to Nottingham in september and loved it and they gave me quite a low offer for a Russell group so I'm thinking there at the minute and Hull as my insurance.
What about you?
Original post by #Sophie1
Do you know anyone else applying for American Studies? I'm the only one applying for it at my Sixth Form, it seems like a very niche subject.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my sixth form, I tried explaining it to some teachers but they didn't even know it was a subject 😂
Reply 15
Original post by studentmcr6
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my sixth form, I tried explaining it to some teachers but they didn't even know it was a subject 😂

I've had that reaction too😂😑
Original post by #Sophie1
I went to Nottingham in september and loved it and they gave me quite a low offer for a Russell group so I'm thinking there at the minute and Hull as my insurance.
What about you?

Oh nice, I hear good things about Nottingham. Birmingham is my favourite, the only problem is they haven't actually given me an offer yet! If they don't, I'll put Sussex as my firm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending