Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got the worst cold in my life so far and it happens bang in the middle of the most important exams of my life. Why???

I haven't slept properly for days...been coughing up so much phloegm.

This morning I had the most hideous consecutive asthma attacks I had to be taken to the hospital. I'm so weak and dizzy and in so much pain...my throat is killing me.

How am I going to even cope in exams, let alone revise

ReputationRep:
    Aww sweetie! Try not to worry and get anxious about it, that'll only make things worse for you. These things happen, I got the worst cold ever before my German oral and was all nasal and stuff for that, so annoying! Just try and get through your exams, you can do it! Take plenty of nurofen or whichever medicine helps you and do your best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I have got the worst cold in my life so far and it happens bang in the middle of the most important exams of my life. Why???

This morning I had the most hideous consecutive asthma attacks I had to be taken to the hospital. I'm so weak and dizzy and in so much pain...my throat is killing me.

More importantly, how easy is it to work this to your advantage ?

ReputationRep:
    Sods law.
    I've had a cold over the exam period. It got worse when I was doing my best subjects too, typical!
    Hope you get better soon

ReputationRep:

I really hope you feel better soon. It's so harsh, isn't it? I've managed to have not one but two bouts of acute tonsillitis during my exams so far, and been so feverish and in so much pain that revision went out of the window. Give it a go, you've got nothing to lose, but I'm thinking of you and hope you feel okay soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh iv just bin diagnosed with acute tonsilitis, luckily i dnt have to have those badboys out, im on penecilin, had the worst fever, am missin 4 exams 2moro, cant revise let alone WALK! lol i shud b ok for next exams tho, just hope exam board is lenient! i dont even kno why im on here, im gettin more ill by the second! cya

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, it's a horrible time to get ill. Hope you get better soon. You should get a doctor's letter and give it to school, so that the examiners will take into account that you are ill during your exams.

ReputationRep:
    awwww bless!!! wot you need is a really hot nurse to look after you...although that mote cause more of a distraction!!!! but...oh i know you could have a really hot teacher/revision helper aswell....thus meaning that you would pay attention!!! this would be cool...help woith your cold and also make you feel happy and confident bout exams and you could revise all at the same time!!!! (this either too make you giggle or to be taken seriously your call)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    awwww bless!!! wot you need is a really hot nurse to look after you...although that mote cause more of a distraction!!!! but...oh i know you could have a really hot teacher/revision helper aswell....thus meaning that you would pay attention!!! this would be cool...help woith your cold and also make you feel happy and confident bout exams and you could revise all at the same time!!!! (this either too make you giggle or to be taken seriously your call)
    :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    :confused: lol
    ##its a good plan...having 2 really fit guys...one to look after you and one to help you revise!!! yay or nay???

ReputationRep:
    if you get a doctors note you can get consessions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    ##its a good plan...having 2 really fit guys...one to look after you and one to help you revise!!! yay or nay???
    yay....

ReputationRep:
    yay....
    see it would make you smile and help you get better and learn all at the same time!!! Always *** up with the good ideas!!! good at planning too!! hope you get better tho...it is a pain when your ill in exams cos you work urself up into a frenzie!!

ReputationRep:
    im puked up on the way to my philosophy exam this morning. bloody typical:rolleyes:

had a chest infection for the last 2 weeks, pretty much better now tho, this morning was weird, i had cough medicine and my body just didnt like it, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    im puked up on the way to my philosophy exam this morning. bloody typical:rolleyes:

had a chest infection for the last 2 weeks, pretty much better now tho, this morning was weird, i had cough medicine and my body just didnt like it, lol
    aww u poor thing

and for adhsuri hope u get better

ReputationRep:
    Awww....sooo know how u feel, adhsur,i felt all vomity sick the day of my french lit - so annoyed because I had worked really hard for it, and it was my favourite exam (what a swot, I know!). I really messed it up. Best wishes, get well soon....

ReputationRep:
    get well soon adshur

ReputationRep:
    sometimes u can just be unlucky

what course at uni are u wanting to do, what grades do u need and do you think you'll struggle getting them?

ps hope u feel better

ReputationRep:

Look, you have to inform the examinations board they may give you extra time or sympathetic marking, and hopefully you'll do well....Get well soon!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.