The Student Room Group
Reply 1
the syllabus i'm doing is out of 25 marks, but i think the same still applies.

We've been advised to aim for 3 pages for all the english and literature questions, but most of us have been doing 2 with only a few reaching 2 and a half, so i think it should be fine.
I'm doing the same one I think (AQA A?), and I would normally write about 3 pages or so. But it depends on the size of your writing (Mine's pretty average I'd say). And it's also quality not quantity that matters (I'm sure you've heard that before), so if in 2 pages you can get all your points down and back them up, that should be fine.
Reply 3
Yep, AQA A i'm doing. I can write about 2 pages, handwriting is quite small, so hoping that will do! Thanks!
Reply 4
As other posters have suggested, quantity shouldn't matter too much. In my GCSE lit exam (and i think I did the same syllabus), I probably wrote about 6 pages for both questions while one of my (now) A Level lit classmates filled at least one whole answer booklet!
Reply 5
Stating the obvious but it's quality over quantity. That said, for my exam I wrote roughly 3 pages and a half for the poetry question.
Reply 6
Excalibur
Stating the obvious but it's quality over quantity. That said, for my exam I wrote roughly 3 pages and a half for the poetry question.

Three and a half :eek: How do you do so much in so little time? :confused:
Mine was just over two sides in quite small writing and it did fine.
Reply 8
b9muslove
Three and a half :eek: How do you do so much in so little time? :confused:

I had 45 minutes for the poetry question (Edexcel) and I'm a very fast writer. :wink: I did use up some of the space for a plan though, so it may realistically only have been 3 pages.
Reply 9
I did the Edexcel syllabus and wrote approximately 2 pages per question for the English lit exam. However, for English language I wrote less and managed to get top 10 so I am firm believer in the 'quality over quantity' motto! Remember its depth over breadth- it's far more important to analyse imagery in depth and relate this to themes and concepts of the poems than to waffle on and 2 pages ensures that you stick to this.
Reply 10
gold_dust
I did the Edexcel syllabus and wrote approximately 2 pages per question for the English lit exam. However, for English language I wrote less and managed to get top 10 so I am firm believer in the 'quality over quantity' motto! Remember its depth over breadth- it's far more important to analyse imagery in depth and relate this to themes and concepts of the poems than to waffle on and 2 pages ensures that you stick to this.

A top 10!:eek: Wow well done!
Reply 11
Excalibur
I had 45 minutes for the poetry question (Edexcel) and I'm a very fast writer. :wink: I did use up some of the space for a plan though, so it may realistically only have been 3 pages.

Wish i could write that fast!:p:

Latest