The Student Room Group

UCAS holding?

Hi,

I went to interview yesterday and we were told that we would either be offered a place, go into holding or be unsuccessful.

If we were to go into holding, would this show on UCAS? or would it show as unsuccessful? As we wouldn't have been offered a place, but we possibly could be should a space become free?

Original post by flowers87
Hi,

I went to interview yesterday and we were told that we would either be offered a place, go into holding or be unsuccessful.

If we were to go into holding, would this show on UCAS? or would it show as unsuccessful? As we wouldn't have been offered a place, but we possibly could be should a space become free?

I believe they would leave it without an update for now so would say awaiting decision still (as ucas doesnt have a status for being on a reserve list).
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I believe they would leave it without an update for now so would say awaiting decision still (as ucas doesnt have a status for being on a reserve list).

yes I thought that, how long would they be likely to keep you in holding do you think? the suspense is killing me already! haha!
Original post by flowers87
yes I thought that, how long would they be likely to keep you in holding do you think? the suspense is killing me already! haha!

I guess until the finish interviewing or possibly sooner if you had a high interview score I suppose. Depending on the uni, they may send a letter of when to expect a decision by but then they dont all do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending