The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing interview and entry exams 2016

Hello there,

I have recently applied for Adult Nursing and wish to start in 2016. I have already sent off my UCAS and have received interviews / exams for 3 out of my 5 choices.

I have no idea how to prepare other than practice papers and mock questions.
Does anyone have any advice or guidance as to what to do as in all honesty I am a bit baffled. :frown:

I've applied to Birmingham City, Lincoln, Kingston, London South bank and Greenwich.

I have heard back from BCU, London south bank and Kingston so far.

*Update* I now have all 5.
Wishing you guys all the best and luck with your applications,

Athena.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by athenamarybrown
Hello there,

I have recently applied for Adult Nursing and wish to start in 2016. I have already sent off my UCAS and have received interviews / exams for 3 out of my 5 choices.

Does anyone have any advice or guidance as to what to do as in all honesty I am a bit baffled. :frown:

I've applied to Birmingham City, Lincoln, Kingston, London South bank and Greenwich.

Athena.

Google Kingston university literacy and numeracy test examples and do the same for the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hello there,

Athena.

Hi! When did you send off your application and how long did you wait until Greenwich and LSBU offered you an interview?
Reply 3
Hey, I have an interview at Kingston, what day are you going? I have just been looking up possible questions and thinking about how I would answer them, along with practising my maths and literacy :P

Lydia
Original post by Lydiac96
Hey, I have an interview at Kingston, what day are you going? I have just been looking up possible questions and thinking about how I would answer them, along with practising my maths and literacy :P

Lydia

Hey Lydia, I'm going on the 11th, next friday! Super nervous. Yes, I'm doing the same!
Original post by kmdxx
Hi! When did you send off your application and how long did you wait until Greenwich and LSBU offered you an interview?

Hello there, I sent off my application on the 23rd of november, I received an email immediately from Greenwich saying they had received my application. On the 25th I received an email inviting me to log in to their portal and it was a few days after I logged back in and had an interview.

I got an interview on the 24th for LSBU.
Original post by 2coolf2456
Google Kingston university literacy and numeracy test examples and do the same for the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile

I now have all 5 and I shall thank you!!
Reply 7
Hey Lydia, I'm going on the 11th, next friday! Super nervous. Yes, I'm doing the same!

I will be there on the 11th too, I look forward to meeting you :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hello all,

I have an interview this week at Essex University for Adult nursing, feeling very nervous !!!!

Has anyone been?

If so let me know what was it like.

Thank you very much. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Boubaki
Hello all,

I have an interview this week at Essex University for Adult nursing, feeling very nervous !!!!

Has anyone been?

If so let me know what was it like.

Thank you very much. :smile:

Hello,
I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex so if you have any questions about the uni feel free to ask me :smile:
Good luck with your interview!
Natalie.
Reply 10
Original post by Natalie.1
Hello,
I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex so if you have any questions about the uni feel free to ask me :smile:
Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much!!!!

I'm really looking forward and hope I will be accepted at the Uni. of Essex.

I would like to know roughly what the interview is like i.e questions asked and the literacy / maths exam.

I found a lot online all seem to be the same or similar. Its just I hope I did not leave anything behind, cause my heart is to be accepted at the Essex Uni.

Thank again very much!!!!!!

Louise xxx
Original post by Boubaki
Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much!!!!

I'm really looking forward and hope I will be accepted at the Uni. of Essex.

I would like to know roughly what the interview is like i.e questions asked and the literacy / maths exam.

I found a lot online all seem to be the same or similar. Its just I hope I did not leave anything behind, cause my heart is to be accepted at the Essex Uni.

Thank again very much!!!!!!

Louise xxx

Hi Louise,
Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately I do not know a great deal about the interview. However, the university website shows what skills may be tested and there is also a video about literacy and numeracy.
Here is the link to the information: http://www.essex.ac.uk/hhs/careers/literacy-and-numeracy.aspx

Sorry I can't be of more help,
Natalie.
Reply 12
Hi Louise,
Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately I do not know a great deal about the interview. However, the university website shows what skills may be tested and there is also a video about literacy and numeracy.
Here is the link to the information: http://www.essex.ac.uk/hhs/careers/literacy-and-numeracy.aspx

Sorry I can't be of more help,
Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for the reply, done the exam and interview all well, I only wish I could enjoy the whole process... to buzzzzyyy been nervous!!!!! The Uni. and Staff were AMAZING!!!!!! Now just waiting to get a positive offer.

Thank you so much.

Louise xxx
Original post by Boubaki
Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for the reply, done the exam and interview all well, I only wish I could enjoy the whole process... to buzzzzyyy been nervous!!!!! The Uni. and Staff were AMAZING!!!!!! Now just waiting to get a positive offer.

Thank you so much.

Louise xxx

Hi Louise,

So glad your exam and interview went well! I have my fingers crossed for you, let me know if you have any more questions about the uni.

Natalie.
Reply 14
Hi Louise,

So glad your exam and interview went well! I have my fingers crossed for you, let me know if you have any more questions about the uni.

Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

Just to let you know that I GOT AN OFFER FROM ESSEX UNI.YEAH!!!!!!!
I'm so happy but at the same time I feel that I'm dreaming!!!!!!!

Louise xxxxx
Reply 15
Hi Louise,

congratulations on getting a place. I've got my interview tomorrow 11/2/2016 well that is if I pass my maths and English eeek!!! What sort of questions did they ask you? I'm so nervous too. Essex would be my top choice too if I did get in.

Mo x
Reply 16
Hi mo,
Try not to be nervous and enjoy every minute practice your fractions, decimals and percentages.English was fine read carefully, questions why nursing, what is the role of a nurse....etc.
Everyone there is great enjoy!!!!

Ps. Have you applied to bucks new?

Good luck

Louise xxxx
Reply 17
Thank Louise. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated. I applied to Essex, anglia Ruskin, london southbank and Greenwich. I've already received an offer from London southbank.
Original post by mo26
Thank Louise. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated. I applied to Essex, anglia Ruskin, london southbank and Greenwich. I've already received an offer from London southbank.

Hi, @mo26 Any joy, I am now where you were a year ago, did you get offers from anywhere? :smile: Where are you currently studying?

I applied to LSBU, Anglia Ruskin and Essex :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending