The Student Room Group

Is studying physics going to be worth a while?

i plan to study physics after alevels but i also want to be able to comfortably live life and provide for my family and do what i like
my gcses were 5A* 3 a
alevels first year currently
Original post by NatoHeadshot
i plan to study physics after alevels but i also want to be able to comfortably live life and provide for my family and do what i like
my gcses were 5A* 3 a
alevels first year currently

Why are you thinking of studying Physics? Is it really not what you like to do?
(edited 8 years ago)
Many employers prefer people with numerical degrees like physics, it won't close any doors to you.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Why are you thinking of studying Physics? Is it really not what you like to do?

all i do is watch physics videos, watch documentaries, read physics book and i most of the time enjoy physics class.
It's just that first i started off that i was going to do aeronautical engineering and i know that would be quite a well paid job but as i refined by interests i realised i was interested more in the physics aspect of things
I just hope i do well in alevels for a good uni like oxford or any other good univeristy
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Many employers prefer people with numerical degrees like physics, it won't close any doors to you.

it's seems there is a decline for the degree, engineer seems more plausible
[QUOTE="NatoHeadshot;60903025"]it's seems there is a decline for the degree, engineer seems more plausible[/QUOTE
There might be a decline in jobs relating to the degree i'm not sure, but many employers will hapily take someone with a physics degree even if their job is not related to physics. Much better to do well in a degree u like than badly in a degree u don't.
Original post by NatoHeadshot
all i do is watch physics videos, watch documentaries, read physics book and i most of the time enjoy physics class.
It's just that first i started off that i was going to do aeronautical engineering and i know that would be quite a well paid job but as i refined by interests i realised i was interested more in the physics aspect of things
I just hope i do well in alevels for a good uni like oxford or any other good univeristy

It's a difficult situation I guess. If you want to study Physics for its own sake then you should not expect to have a well paid job eventually, assuming that you won't continue with your academic studies. It's now better to focus on your A levels and try to achieve as high as possible so that you can be in a better frame of mind when considering your career path.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest