Was the Iraq war a complete failure? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
True, Bush is about ten times the president Clinton was. Clinton was always in the shadow of Bush (in more ways than one) and never made it out. At least Bush has a pair and dares to react to threats and chalenges.
I don't agree. Most ordinary American's are worse off under Bush.
pal_sch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I don't agree. Most ordinary American's are worse off under Bush.
Thats what I mean about point of view. Look too close and you see a slack in the economy and popularity, but he has had an overall positive effect, in that he has stired up the world. Now all we need is someone who can put it back together in a way that works better than before. That is often said to be Englands job...
NASAoverESA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well put.

The change in the world is all cause and effect. One thing stirs another for change, and that is where we are at now.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats what I mean about point of view. Look too close and you see a slack in the economy and popularity, but he has had an overall positive effect, in that he has stired up the world. Now all we need is someone who can put it back together in a way that works better than before. That is often said to be Englands job...
Well, he wasn't elected to change the world. He's not the President of the world.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Well, he wasn't elected to change the world. He's not the President of the world.
But he is the most powerfull man on earth. No other government is as powerfull as his, even the UN. Surely he is more responcable than anyone else for what happens.
NASAoverESA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He is the president of the most powerful country in the world. He made a major decsion. Did you expect everyone to pull a Bill Clinton and turn a blind eye?

Of course a stir will be caused! Everything in the world causes a reaction!
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But he is the most powerfull man on earth. No other government is as powerfull as his, even the UN. Surely he is more responcable than anyone else for what happens.
I think he should spend a little more time on his domestic responsibilities and graduate beyond single issue campus politics.

An incredible increase of over 2 million American citizens without adequate health coverage due to job losses, and a failure to check the pharma industry's stranglehold on congress is a failure.
NASAoverESA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you can maganify the negatives, or the postives, such as 31 month highs on Wall Street, and the "No Child Left Behind" program.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NASAoverESA)
you can maganify the negatives, or the postives, such as 31 month highs on Wall Street, and the "No Child Left Behind" program.
"The no child left behind" program has done what exactly? Public schools in the US are as much of a mess now as they were 3 years ago.

31 month highs on Wall Street cannot be attributed to a single policy of this administration.

You might want to look at those in the light of the highest ever defecit in American history and how Bush has squandered a very healthy surplus left behind by Clinton. Bush is as fiscally responsible as a 7 year old in a candy store.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When you have that much power it is impossible to control the fine details. He can't be held responcable for every out of work american, but he should be held responcible for the major repercussions of his direct and indirect actions and policies. This doesn't mean everything any polititian has said or done during his time as president, but things he said or did or had done himself. Mostly these effects can only be judged on the large scale.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed