The Student Room Group

im depressed but i already repeated first year at uni help

wat can i do
Thats very vague. what do you need advice on?
Reply 2
Original post by neverbeejail
wat can i do

about what?
wat can i do

You need a bit info mate, what is it that you want to do?
Original post by RiskVsReward
You need a bit info mate, what is it that you want to do?

Original post by Jenx301
about what?

Original post by driftawaay
Thats very vague. what do you need advice on?

im second year and they came round today to do a mental health assesment to see if they were gonna section me. im not crazy. i just feel depressed and im alcoholic and i do crazy things when drunk and also they think i might become a terrorist and i dont know wat to do. cant leave bed. havent showered in days. havent washed my clothes all semester.
im second year and they came round today to do a mental health assesment to see if they were gonna section me. im not crazy. i just feel depressed and im alcoholic and i do crazy things when drunk and also they think i might become a terrorist and i dont know wat to do. cant leave bed. havent showered in days. havent washed my clothes all semester.

They actually showed up at your door to do an assessment? Thats heavy... if you are seriously alcoholic you need to go to rehab. Why the hell do they think you are a terrorist?? Maybe it would be better for you to take some time off and suspend your studies for a bit and then go back when you sort yourself out, before you end up failing another year
Reply 6
Mental health is more important than your education. Get that sorted out first.
Reply 7

I'm guessing they didn't section you then? Who triggered this assessment? Are you already receiving help from some sort of mental health services? I would guess that if you aren't that the team who assessed you will have followed up some sort of follow up care from crisis team etc.

You can't study or effectively get through your degree in the state you are in. Take some time out, get better, then return if that is what you want. Why do they think you might be a terrorist? If you have no support currently then get in touch with your GP urgently; also contact student support at uni to discuss your options and possible support from them.
Original post by driftawaay
They actually showed up at your door to do an assessment? Thats heavy... if you are seriously alcoholic you need to go to rehab. Why the hell do they think you are a terrorist?? Maybe it would be better for you to take some time off and suspend your studies for a bit and then go back when you sort yourself out, before you end up failing another year

yh. the ***** showed up at my door. no comment to the second bit. they monitor my online activity. dont know wat to do
Original post by Jenx301
I'm guessing they didn't section you then? Who triggered this assessment? Are you already receiving help from some sort of mental health services? I would guess that if you aren't that the team who assessed you will have followed up some sort of follow up care from crisis team etc.

You can't study or effectively get through your degree in the state you are in. Take some time out, get better, then return if that is what you want. Why do they think you might be a terrorist? If you have no support currently then get in touch with your GP urgently; also contact student support at uni to discuss your options and possible support from them.

no comment
Reply 10
I'm sorry you're having a very hard time. Listen if you're depressed being there please please stop and leave. If you're depressed bc you're not enjoying your course or feel like you're stuck at dead end path way please stop. I was in your situation my mental health deteriorated so low I had no one to go to. My parents pressured me to do a course and I was being suffocated wth high expectations when I just did not see any future. I stopped and left the course before I did worse to myself. I can say I am at a better place and even though I have loans I feel better about my future. I'm doing a course I really want to next year and I wish I had stopped and left uni before repeating first year all the way through. So look if you're not feeling okay. Put yourself first. Your mental health comes first. You are your priority.
Original post by Kflo
I'm sorry you're having a very hard time. Listen if you're depressed being there please please stop and leave. If you're depressed bc you're not enjoying your course or feel like you're stuck at dead end path way please stop. I was in your situation my mental health deteriorated so low I had no one to go to. My parents pressured me to do a course and I was being suffocated wth high expectations when I just did not see any future. I stopped and left the course before I did worse to myself. I can say I am at a better place and even though I have loans I feel better about my future. I'm doing a course I really want to next year and I wish I had stopped and left uni before repeating first year all the way through. So look if you're not feeling okay. Put yourself first. Your mental health comes first. You are your priority.

ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending