The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ABalogun
How long did it take for you to get a response? I submitted my application early November.

I didn't submit mine until the start of December and got an offer a week later
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Emerlini
Hi guys! Anyone applying for Neuroscience? :smile:

I applied for neuroscience at Aberdeen and got an unconditional offer! :smile: still waiting back from other unis though...
Original post by Holllyberry
I applied for neuroscience at Aberdeen and got an unconditional offer! :smile: still waiting back from other unis though...

Is Aberdeen a good place for Neuro?
(edited 8 years ago)
I just got an unconditional offer for translation! Not my first choice though but happy anyway :smile:
Hi, I haven't been able to find a forum for the University of Aberdeen for 2016 entry. What are you studying? I am applying for Biomedical Science. Has anyone received an offer?

I've applied for biomed too ☺️
Has anyone heard back from law yet ? :smile:
Original post by элли
I've applied for biomed too ☺️

Have you heard from them?
Have you heard from them?

Not really. I've applied around start of December but my reference wasn't done until yesterday 😢
What about you?
just for reference to those applying for Law. I recently received an unconditional offer with exam grades of "AAAAB" at Higher.
Original post by danisyourman
just for reference to those applying for Law. I recently received an unconditional offer with exam grades of "AAAAB" at Higher.

Hey congratulations ! :biggrin:
Still waiting for mines :s-smilie: Hopefully Ill hear back soon !
Are you planning on firming ?
Gosh, Aberdeen sure do take their time don't they! Haha. I applied for History. My UCAS was sent off around this time last month, and I've received all my responses by today except Aberdeen. :frown:
Anyone else applying for history? :smile:
Thanks! If I don't get an offer from Edinburgh I'll probably firm Aberdeen. I enjoyed the open day there. :smile:
Original post by элли
Not really. I've applied around start of December but my reference wasn't done until yesterday 😢
What about you?

I submitted mine in November but I haven't received a reply yet?
Received a conditional offer for Chemical Engineering two days before Christmas :smile:
Not my first choice but haven't got the chance to visit yet, is Aberdeen a nice place? I always hear mixed reviews lol
Original post by Malayika
Received a conditional offer for Chemical Engineering two days before Christmas :smile:
Not my first choice but haven't got the chance to visit yet, is Aberdeen a nice place? I always hear mixed reviews lol

I like it. Not too overwhelming, but not too small
Original post by danisyourman
Thanks! If I don't get an offer from Edinburgh I'll probably firm Aberdeen. I enjoyed the open day there. :smile:

Would you definitely take Edinburgh over Aberdeen, should they make you an offer?

I'm in the same position as you - same grades, holding an unconditional offer from Aberdeen & still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.
Aberdeen has the big advantage of offering both Scots and English law & possibly has better student support. However, the very heart of Scots law is based in Edinburgh & Edinburgh University is arguably more prestigious but, that said, the current Lord Advocate did both his Llb & diploma at Aberdeen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MsTabitha
Would you definitely take Edinburgh over Aberdeen, should they make you an offer?

I'm in the same position as you - same grades, holding an unconditional offer from Aberdeen & still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.
Aberdeen has the big advantage of offering both Scots and English law & possibly has better student support. However, the very heart of Scots law is based in Edinburgh & Edinburgh University is arguably more prestigious but, that said, the current Lord Advocate did both his Llb & diploma at Aberdeen.

I think there's really not too much between them when you really get into it. I think personal preference is the biggest factor.
Tunnels Aberdeen is where its at
Just looking for some reassurance here. Have an invite to an applicant open day but no offer as yet. Uni website states these are specifically designed for those with offers. Dare I hope this means I've got an offer in the pipeline? So far got two unconditionals but Aberdeen is one of my first preferences.
Original post by Emerlini
Is Aberdeen a good place for Neuro?

Aberdeen is a very good university. I've lived near Aberdeen my whole life though and really hope to go somewhere different : D

Latest

Trending

Trending