The Student Room Group

Mobile phone contract/credit check?

Just placed an order for a new contract phone, but i'm slighlty anxious about the credit check process as i have no credit history (never owned a credit card) and am currently unemployed.

Will the cost of the contract (£17 a month) have any impact on their decision? I should point out that i can easily afford the contract, i still live at home and have only been out of work for two weeks (been employed on a temporary basi) since July 2014), so i'm far from cash strapped!
Original post by ralph99
Just placed an order for a new contract phone, but i'm slighlty anxious about the credit check process as i have no credit history (never owned a credit card) and am currently unemployed.

Will the cost of the contract (£17 a month) have any impact on their decision? I should point out that i can easily afford the contract, i still live at home and have only been out of work for two weeks (been employed on a temporary basi) since July 2014), so i'm far from cash strapped!

are you on the electoral register? I had no problem being accepted for a £21 a month phone contract despite being unemployed and never having taken out a credit card.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending