The Student Room Group

I want to cry but I can't

There's so much **** going on, I want to cry but I physically can't.

I keep hitting the weights hard at the gym cause it helped at the start but it just isn't working anymore.

I feel like I'm gonna have a break down, I'd be walking to uni and I swear I'd be on the verge of crying but nothing. I've tried crying in my room cause I know it'll make me feel better but it just doesn't happen.
Reply 1
I cried properly yesterday for the first time in about eight years maybe? I've *cried* before through absolutely great force *twice in the past four months, the only time in eight years* but its so forced I don't count it.
:console:

It may be worth speaking to the wellbeing services at your uni.
Reply 3
I hope things work out for you :hugs:.

Maybe you could try phoning up a friend or something, just talk to someone about it. It helps in letting everything you feel inside,out.
Reply 4
I can't even force my self to cry, I can feel the tears behind my eyes and they're weighing me down like ****ing stones but I just can't seem to do anything about them..

I feel alone, I've got so many friends who care about me but I'm so isolated at the same time, I've spoken to friends about what's going on but it just isn't helping. I just know they don't know how I feel, and it just leaves me vulnerable.

I've gone through a lot of things in the past, but I've always been able to deal with it, I've never needed anyone before but this just feels so different
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I can't even force my self to cry, I can feel the tears behind my eyes and they're weighing me down like ****ing stones but I just can't seem to do anything about them..

I feel alone, I've got so many friends who care about me but I'm so isolated at the same time, I've spoken to friends about what's going on but it just isn't helping. I just know they don't know how I feel, and it just leaves me vulnerable.

I've gone through a lot of things in the past, but I've always been able to deal with it, I've never needed anyone before but this just feels so different

I think I feel the same, I am the most emotionally restrained person people say they know, and yet the truth is I have never felt so pathetically sad right now in my entire life, PM me if you want to talk or something
I know how that feels. You're not alone in this.

I feel as if you're embarrassed or ashamed to cry and that's what is preventing you from letting it out. Allow yourself to experience it. Let yourself go and just cry. But please reach out to someone. A professional, ideally.
Reply 7
I really truly understand this. If you want to talk or whatever, I'm here.
Original post by SeanFM
:console:

It may be worth speaking to the wellbeing services at your uni.

Or don't because they're pretty much useless.
Original post by Anonymous
There's so much **** going on, I want to cry but I physically can't.

I keep hitting the weights hard at the gym cause it helped at the start but it just isn't working anymore.

I feel like I'm gonna have a break down, I'd be walking to uni and I swear I'd be on the verge of crying but nothing. I've tried crying in my room cause I know it'll make me feel better but it just doesn't happen.

I feel your pain. But please seek help if you can't cope with whatever is wrong.

For me, shouting in an open field is what helps me tbh. Maybe express your pain more, I honestly don't think crying physically will help anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending