University emailing me I need to activate an account, help?

Watch
tiredbean
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just had an email from Brighton University about manging your application by activating an user account.
It mentioned how if you went though an agent like UCAS you need to email them the details to sign up for you so it they can put it on the tracking system.

Has anyone had experience with this and who do I need to email? Because it's the weekend I can't get though to any Brighton or UCAS..
Do I even need to sort this out as I've seen that most people have had a direct offers, not having to sort this out
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chloeyay)
I just had an email from Brighton University about manging your application by activating an user account.
It mentioned how if you went though an agent like UCAS you need to email them the details to sign up for you so it they can put it on the tracking system.

Has anyone had experience with this and who do I need to email? Because it's the weekend I can't get though to any Brighton or UCAS..
Do I even need to sort this out as I've seen that most people have had a direct offers, not having to sort this out
I got to activate my account before I had an offer so you won't necessarily get an offer just because you've been asked to do this. There should be a link in that email to the portal.
tiredbean
Rep:
?
(Original post by emiloujess)
I got to activate my account before I had an offer so you won't necessarily get an offer just because you've been asked to do this. There should be a link in that email to the portal.
Did you apply to Brighton and did the offer/rejection send though to UCAS after it was sent though the portal?

Sorry if it's alot of questions, I suffer with anixety over these things and don't want to muck it up haha
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you apply to Brighton and did the offer/rejection send though to UCAS after it was sent though the portal?

Sorry if it's alot of questions, I suffer with anixety over these things and don't want to muck it up haha
No, I didn't apply to Brighton, I was talking about my experience with Cardiff.

The offer went through UCAS. I don't know the actual function of the portal just yet but we'll be able to apply for accommodation through it eventually.

I know how you feel, I suffer from anxiety too
tiredbean
Rep:
?
No, I didn't apply to Brighton, I was talking about my experience with Cardiff.

The offer went through UCAS. I don't know the actual function of the portal just yet but we'll be able to apply for accommodation through it eventually.

I know how you feel, I suffer from anxiety too
It's still pending on my UCAS however I'm really confused as it said on the bottom of the email "Advice for agents and applicants who have applied through agentsIf you are an agent do not attempt to activate this account. Please email the agentapps team with details of this application.If you are an applicant, who has applied through agent, please do not attempt to activate this account as your account will be managed by your agent. Please email the agentapps team with your details. You will be invited to activate your account at a later stage"

Is UCAS classed as an agent?
I've already got offers directly via UCAS and this has just confused me. I know, the anixety sucks when it comes to these things :/
thecatwithnohat
Report 4 years ago
x
Hey

I applied to Brighton and had to do this - it was a little complex but I made the account eventually :lol:

Make your account, you don't have an 'agent'.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's still pending on my UCAS however I'm really confused as it said on the bottom of the email "Advice for agents and applicants who have applied through agentsIf you are an agent do not attempt to activate this account. Please email the agentapps team with details of this application.If you are an applicant, who has applied through agent, please do not attempt to activate this account as your account will be managed by your agent. Please email the agentapps team with your details. You will be invited to activate your account at a later stage"

Is UCAS classed as an agent?
I've already got offers directly via UCAS and this has just confused me. I know, the anixety sucks when it comes to these things :/
I honestly don't think that UCAS itself is an agent. It says on the UCAS website: "Schools, colleges, advisers or agents can register with UCAS to become a centre. "

Since you applied through UCAS and your college I'm guessing that's not the case

Congrats on your other offers! Which universities?
tiredbean
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
Hey

I applied to Brighton and had to do this - it was a little complex but I made the account eventually :lol:

Make your account, you don't have an 'agent'.
Thank you! Fingers crossed I don't muck up the process
thecatwithnohat
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! Fingers crossed I don't muck up the process
Just quote me if you're stuck on anything, I'll see if I can remember what I did at the stage
tiredbean
Rep:
?
I honestly don't think that UCAS itself is an agent. It says on the UCAS website: "Schools, colleges, advisers or agents can register with UCAS to become a centre. "

Since you applied through UCAS and your college I'm guessing that's not the case

Congrats on your other offers! Which universities?
Thank you! I've signed up so hopefully I haven't messed up! I wish they'd put more detail on their website /:
Goldsmiths and Portsmouth as I want to study Media, what have you chosen?
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! I've signed up so hopefully I haven't messed up! I wish they'd put more detail on their website /:
Goldsmiths and Portsmouth as I want to study Media, what have you chosen?
Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Cardiff (x2) and Swansea. I've recieved the first 4 offers, withdrawn from Swansea and am firming Cardiff for Social Analytics & Politics and Aberystwyth will be my insurance for International Politics & Intelligence Studies

What's the other 2 universities you've applied to? (sorry, just being curious )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.26%
I'm not sure (26)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.71%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.65%

Watched Threads