Can somebody mark my Edexcel RS 4 mark question Watch

username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(B) Should Christians be allowed to cohabit? Give reasons for your answer. (4 marks)

Firstly, I think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because couples are likely to be less committed to each other than married couples. Therefore, if they are less committed, they are more likely to split up.However, I do agree that Christians should be allowed to cohabit because Christianity allows cohabitation if marriage is intended. Therefore, they should be allowed to cohabit if they intend to marry and bring up children in a Christian family.
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danielwinstanley)
(B) Should Christians be allowed to cohabit? Give reasons for your answer. (4 marks)

Firstly, I think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because couples are likely to be less committed to each other than married couples. Therefore, if they are less committed, they are more likely to split up.However, I do agree that Christians should be allowed to cohabit because Christianity allows cohabitation if marriage is intended. Therefore, they should be allowed to cohabit if they intend to marry and bring up children in a Christian family.
If my memory is correct you shouldn't put a counter argument in 4 mark questions, so therefore I'd give it 2/4.
username1986099
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamestg;[url="tel:60925869")
60925869[/url]]If my memory is correct you shouldn't put a counter argument in 4 mark questions, so therefore I'd give it 2/4.
Thanks Do you know of any other reasons why they should not be allowed to cohabit.
jamestg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks Do you know of any other reasons why they should not be allowed to cohabit.
No clue sorry!
username1986099
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamestg;[url="tel:60925939")
60925939[/url]]No clue sorry!
Firstly, I do think that Christians should be allowed to cohabit because it enables the couple to get to know each other before making the lifelong commitment of marriage. - what could I put for the therefore?

Secondly, I do agree that Christians should be allowed to cohabit because Christianity allows cohabitation if marriage is intended. Therefore, they should be allowed to cohabit if they intend to marry and bring up children in a Christian family.

Does this sound okay?
username1986099
Rep:
?
bump
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You ideally need to give a quote (eg from the bible) to back up your point rather than just saying this is what they think.
_ariane29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not sure about the edexcel exam board but if you could approach this question with two mini PEE paragraphs you would probably get most marks Like ^ said aim to include at least one relevant religious teaching.
username1986099
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14;[url="tel:60932495")
60932495[/url]]You ideally need to give a quote (eg from the bible) to back up your point rather than just saying this is what they think.
Like this?
Firstly, I think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because couples are likely to be less committed to each other than married couples. Therefore, if they are less committed, they are more likely to split up. Secondly, I do think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because it us condemned in Corinthians 7:2 "But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband" Therefore, they should not be allowed to cohabit because they will be sexually immoral hence commiting a sin.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Like this?
Firstly, I think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because couples are likely to be less committed to each other than married couples. Therefore, if they are less committed, they are more likely to split up. Secondly, I do think that Christians should not be allowed to cohabit because it us condemned in Corinthians 7:2 "But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband" Therefore, they should not be allowed to cohabit because they will be sexually immoral hence commiting a sin.
I'd say so, yes, but I'm no expert.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads