The Student Room Group

Expelled, Now what?

Hi there,
I just got expelled last week for a small incident that got blown out of proportion. Now I'm stuck.

Prior to this incident I was consistently getting A's and my GCSE results were 3 A*s 6 A's. Most of the other schools in my local area say it is too late to start now.

So I am looking for any way I can work at a Technology or Engineering firm until September next year when I can restart Year 12. Anyone have any advice on what I should do with my future?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Those are solid GCSE's, just keep your head down until you're back at school and start fresh
I think it depends on what got you expelled, if its something little then its worth writing to them, if its something that is quite big, they probably won't take you on just yet :smile:
Original post by Ekno
Those are solid GCSE's, just keep your head down until you're back at school and start fresh

No school will take me for a whole year, any ideas what I should do for the next 9 months?
Reply 4
Original post by TechnoEngineer
No school will take me for a whole year, any ideas what I should do for the next 9 months?

find a job and earn a bit of money, as well as studying for Year 12 so you'd be ahead of everyone else
Original post by Starvation13
Work Experience?

Been looking at lots of work experience places, but they all seem to be graduate programs and for people in university, would it be worth giving them a call anyway?

Thanks
Yeah why not? I mean you're gonna have to write a covering letter, but you can just use one for all of them. Plus the worse that they can say is no, so the reward/effort ratio is high :biggrin:

What are you looking into?

Anything engineering or technology related, Mainly looking for a semiconductor company but in my position I cant be picky. Do they usually take on Year 12 students?
I dunno about anything engineering or technology related lol, but at my school, we did work experience in Year 12, so I don't see why not. But maybe the age requirement is different for that sector...

How long did you do that for? Could I really do one for 9 months?
It was only for 1-2 weeks. I don't think you could do one for 9 months.

I was thinking maybe like a one or two weeks at place A, then one week at Place B about a month later etc.

Then in the meantime, you could just study ahead, if you still have your textbooks you can start going through the chapters and stuff, enjoy life. If you want to get a job (as someone said before) you could, but that's up to you.

If you got expelled and you're going into another school, they'll probably put you on like a testing period to see if you're a good student or just a troublemaker. If you start off next year and you already know your stuff, then you'll make a good impression.

That might be a good idea ill have to look into it. I've kept all my books and will keep reading through them. Yeah I'll make sure I'm well ahead.

Thanks for all your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending