javari112
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How would I go about answering a question that says "Discuss the significance of the complex plot in the importance of being earnest" - I know the plot plays a huge role in generating humour, and as satire, but I've got no idea how to how to structure my answer. Do I have to argue for/against the statement, or do I just give examples of the complex plot and talk about them?
Sorry about the unclear rant, any help would be welcomed
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Tank Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by javari112)
How would I go about answering a question that says "Discuss the significance of the complex plot in the importance of being earnest" - I know the plot plays a huge role in generating humour, and as satire, but I've got no idea how to how to structure my answer. Do I have to argue for/against the statement, or do I just give examples of the complex plot and talk about them?
Sorry about the unclear rant, any help would be welcomed
Hello there!

With a 'Discuss' essay you should always show both sides of the argument (how the complex plot is significant or not so significant; for the latter point maybe think about how the characters are just as important or maybe even more important) with lots of quotes from the text to back yourself up- plus bonus points if you can get a critic or two in there as well!

Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (5)
8.33%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
8.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (35)
58.33%

Watched Threads