Is Jeremy Corbyn being vilified by the media? Watch

keena89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do you think of the headlines of Jeremy Corbyn? Are they fair or unjustified? Do they affect voting behaviour ultimately?
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think Corbyn has polarised everyone. There seems like there's no voice of moderation in the headlines about Corbyn, but then again I suppose a moderate headline wouldn't sell papers.
Arbolus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think he's just out of his depth, for which it's hard to blame him. He's finding that sticking to your principles isn't so easy once you're in a position where you have the chance to apply them to reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's easy to attack, and that type of writing makes for interesting reading.
Uyi 95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keena89)
What do you think of the headlines of Jeremy Corbyn? Are they fair or unjustified? Do they affect voting behaviour ultimately?
It's time for him to go.

He had potential to become a prime minister and he even managed me to come to Labour.

But nobody in Labour likes him, the media are actually telling the truth about him. Chuka Unumma needs to replace him or a No-Nonsense Hard man MP would make Labour win 2020.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
he has a large following of wastemans outside parliament. normal people realize he is a dangerous clown and he will soon be gone.
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, but it's mainly his own fault for being such an idealistic, naive pussy with no balls.
Arbolus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Uyi 95)
It's time for him to go.

He had potential to become a prime minister and he even managed me to come to Labour.

But nobody in Labour likes him, the media are actually telling the truth about him. Chuka Unumma needs to replace him or a No-Nonsense Hard man MP would make Labour win 2020.
I agree, but nevertheless he has only just been elected leader with an overwhelming majority. If Labour MPs can't stand his leadership then the only reasonable action they can take is to refuse to take the whip. They cannot justify trying to overthrow the man behind it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MindTheGaps
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
I think there are a few examples of journalists going over the top (for instance the head-bowing-angle fiasco, I mean really?) but in general I'm sorry, if you keep behaving in a ridiculous way you can't blame the media for reporting it.

Bear in mind that a good number of people agree very much with the papers' representations of Corbyn, and share their abhorrence for his politics.
SmashReligion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jeremy Corbyn has vilified himself, he is an extremist leftie and is a danger to Britain.
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Corbyn is one of few to actually appreciate the principle of not 'fighting fire with fire'. We got into this mess because we thought going to war was a good idea, and now we're trying to fix the problem by...going to war again?

God, we sure do love war don't we? George Carlin said it best; That's our new job in the world! Bombing brown people!
SmashReligion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hippysnake)
Corbyn is one of few to actually appreciate the principle of not 'fighting fire with fire'. We got into this mess because we thought going to war was a good idea, and now we're trying to fix the problem by...going to war again?

God, we sure do love war don't we? George Carlin said it best; That's our new job in the world! Bombing brown people!
you have a very childlike naivety.
looseseal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
See for yourself:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_8653886.html

It'd be nice to see the same analysis done for other political leaders though just as a comparison.
Hippysnake
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SmashReligion)
And you clearly have a brilliant working logic of the how the world works.
Raiden10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Evening)
Yes, but it's mainly his own fault for being such an idealistic, naive pussy with no balls.
Forgive me but Bear Grylls is not our PM.
Raiden10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Brilliant argument, you must be some kind of raging genius. How can space and time even contain your mental agility?
Raiden10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jeremy Corbyn has vilified himself, he is an extremist leftie and is a danger to Britain.
... screamed the Sun and The Daily Mail.
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Some have been a bit over dramatic but he does himself no favours, saying he would not shoot terrorists during a terror attack, his comments on the IRA & muslim terror groups, wanting to give the Falklands to Argentina & then standing in Parliament saying he wants to get rid of the UK armed forces give the papers good reason to criticise him and so they should
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keena89)

Is Corbyn being vilified by the media? Unbelievably so. He is facing a media onslaught from across the board, focusing on the ridiculously petty, and making mountains out of molehills. We've seen him being attacking for not only being weak for weak for not enforcing his views on his parties, but also being dictatorial for enforcing his views on his party (and not even from different publications). Right now, we are seeing a massive deal being made out of the fact that his MPs might rebel (which is never made such an issue with other leaders). And I dont even want to get into when apparently respectable institutions make big deals over the goings on in the privy council.

The medias opinion of Corbyn seems completely out of touch with the publics, he one with a massive majority of labour voters, and is still heralded by many as a great and genuine leader.

Corbyn represents a desire for British politics to grow up and change. To move beyond politics being treated like a sport where policies are irrelevant, and promises mean nothing.

(Original post by Evening)
I would say he is the complete opposite. Instead of being an obsolutely wet fish like Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Blair, and so on: he stands by his believes and his mandate to lead on those beliefs. He doesn't spend his time trying to be the stereotypical politician for the media circus, and he's trying his best to navigate a cesspool an showmanship of cowardice to the best of his ability.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jeremy Corbyn being vilified by the right wing press? Next you'll be surprised that Christmas Day is on December 25th and Jeremy Clarkson likes cars.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads