D1 Edexcel ******* of a paper. Agree? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rixius
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Didnt like it. At all.
I hope other people found it hard(er)!

Anyone remember the questions/answers am still in shock - got x=100 y=400 for the linear programming one.
sbjvv
Report 14 years ago
Agreed...I ran seriously short of time....10 mins to do the last 2 questions.....I didnt get that for the liner programming one....but 1 of my friends did....and i didnt get all the inequalities...so it sounds good.

Anyone else run out of time?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rixius)
Anyone remember the questions/answers am still in shock - got x=100 y=400 for the linear programming one.
Correct. I took the exam with no revision since last june and NONE leading up to it (basically decided to take it because I had nothing to do over dinner and I had alread entered myself for it). The first half of the paper was really easy and I would expect that most people will have got good marks for it. The networks question was hard for me because I couldn't remember any of it. The linear programming was pretty nice and I didnt have time to actually do half of the last question but I've already got 75 so it's not too bad if I fail it.
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
i think that those values are right. Or at least that it what everybody else appeared to get (I got y=440 and x =60 cause i couldn't get the inequalities. What were they??)
What did you get for the flow and which of the nodes in the Route Inspection Problem did you say were going to be the starting and ending nodes
sbjvv
Report 14 years ago
Max flow i got to be 64.....but i could only find a min cut of 65.....

Think i had A and D repeating.....
sbjvv
Report 14 years ago
A and D start and finish even.....
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
yeh, i got a max flow of 64. Was your initial flow 53? Y=16 x=9?
Did you do 2 Flow augmenting paths? First one being of 9 and the second of 1or 2 (can't remember which)????
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
good, A and D. Cause F and the other one was only 9 in length.
Was the total length 299?
sbjvv
Report 14 years ago
53 initial yeah....

3 augmenting paths.....think they were 8, 1 and 2.....
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
if the final answer, 64 is the same, it should be fine. Strange, why would we have the difference though?
In the final question, how many workers did you say the project needed to finished on time? I think i said 4.
sbjvv
Report 14 years ago
3....if you devided the total ours by the length of the critical path you got 2.68 or something.....so 3 workers.

i think
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
But there was were was 3 critical activities that had to take place at the same time. Also, A, had to occur near to the beginning because it only had a float of 2. Thus, also 4 of the activities had to be taking place at the same time. Leading to at least 4 workers being needed.
Anyone else agree or disagree with this?
Btw, what did you get for your value fo the total float? Is it just all the floats added together?
giraffehaveabath
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jtaylor)
good, A and D. Cause F and the other one was only 9 in length.
Was the total length 299?
sure was! that's what i got anyway

paper was quite a *******.. but last time i didn't manage to answer it all and i got through every question this time, although i did miss some out. shouldnt be so bad!
finish
Report 14 years ago
i got max flow 65
initial 53+IDA 9+IFDA 2(back flow)+IFDBE 1(back flow)
anyone agree with it?
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sbjvv)
Max flow i got to be 64.....but i could only find a min cut of 65.....

Think i had A and D repeating.....
max flow was 65
max profit was 196 pound
for the route inspection u start and finish at A and B
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mathematician)
max flow was 65
max profit was 196 pound
for the route inspection u start and finish at A and B
yer i was **** for time.
my gante diagram was awfuly scribbled
was everryones critical time 25?
and there were lots of critical activites.
there was about 5 which had floats
Olden
Report 14 years ago
did ne1 notice the mistake on the answer booklet for question 1. the matchings, there was 6 dots and they wasnt even numberd. n then da last question why cant you have a complete matching!

i was going to say cz u got bludy 5 vertices on set X and 6 on set y!!

but i said something else.
jtaylor
Report 14 years ago
HEY! somebody who got the same value for the Profit as me, Pounds 196.
But, from what i have heard, we are wrong.
Do you think we could be right. Anyone who got 400 and 100 for x and y, could you please show the inequalities that you got!
thx.
Olden
Report 14 years ago
Anyone who got 400 and 100 for x and y, could you please show the inequalities that you got!
thx.[/QUOTE]

i got i think:

X ≤ 40/100 (X + Y)
X ≥ 20/100 (X + Y)
Y ≥ 0
and couple more i cant remember

and P = 30/100X + 40/100Y
Magician
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jtaylor)
But there was were was 3 critical activities that had to take place at the same time. Also, A, had to occur near to the beginning because it only had a float of 2. Thus, also 4 of the activities had to be taking place at the same time. Leading to at least 4 workers being needed.
Anyone else agree or disagree with this?
Btw, what did you get for your value fo the total float? Is it just all the floats added together?
yeah, i got it to 4 workers at least also. Time was also a *****!!! Stupid GCSE students doing French made soo much noise :mad: :mad: . Also, there was a year 6 intro day!! OMG... KIDS!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: . The flow question was gaay. so was sketching the feasible region!. did anyone get x=< 40( x + y)/100 and x>= 20( x + y)/100 (but simplified) for two of the inequalities??
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?